News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

local HD problems

Started by hop, Sunday Nov 16, 2008, 03:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hop

Last night and also today during the Packers game, I have had intermittent problems with my 2 HD receivers freezing up.  The two SD receivers seem to have no problems.  There has been no weather in the area, the dish is not blocked, re-setting the receiver does no good, nor does unplugging for awhile.

The HD channels other than 4, 6, and 12 are fine.

DTV is coming out tomorrow to check, of course I will have to burn a 1/2 day of vacation!

I suspect some issue with the local HD feeds or the satellite in outer space.  Anyone else having issues?

Hop

Talos4

No issues at all.

Reception on HD and SD boxes has been flawless for quite a while.

hop

Talos4,

Thanks.  From your reply and the lack of any responses similar to my problem, I may have dish or connections trouble.

basshive

No issues here either. Actually recorded the game and watched when I got back from up north. Watched no problem on HR-21, the other receivers in the house are working ok as well.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

hop

The verdict is in.  My dish was bad.  DirecTV replaced it with a newer one and it has performed flawlessly.  Two different techs said that they are beginning to see problems with some of the older 5 LNB (Hi def) dishes, although DirecTV is reluctant to replace them.

I see that I was charged $50 for a service call, even though it was a bad dish.  Is this right?

basshive

It is right if you do not have the monthly maint. coverage which is like 5$. Covers repairs, service calls, etc.  What dish did they set you up with do you know?
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

hop

Thanks for the information.  I guess I should read the fine print a little closer.

I am not sure about the exact dish.  I know that is says "slimline" or something like that.  It is a little smaller than the old one it replaced.