News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

4-1 & 4-2 Problems

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Sunday Nov 23, 2008, 11:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

Beginning yesterday, I noticed pixelating on 4-1 and 4-2.  Today, on my receiver's meter (at 11:15 AM, Sunday), the signal strength was zero for both.  So, the obvious question is: have I had a unique failure with my antenna or setup, or is WTMJ having a problem with their transmitter?

I note that TMJ's feed to DirecTV is fine, as I get D*'s satellite-delivered 4 OK.  I also get plain old analog 4 on a rabbit ears old-style set.

Anyone else have an observation or suggestion?  

Thanks in advance.

Stan

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: Stanley Kritzik;49281Beginning yesterday, I noticed pixelating on 4-1 and 4-2.  Today, on my receiver's meter (at 11:15 AM, Sunday), the signal strength was zero for both.  So, the obvious question is: have I had a unique failure with my antenna or setup, or is WTMJ having a problem with their transmitter?

I note that TMJ's feed to DirecTV is fine, as I get D*'s satellite-delivered 4 OK.  I also get plain old analog 4 on a rabbit ears old-style set.

Anyone else have an observation or suggestion?  

Thanks in advance.

Stan

So, at 12:45 PM, Sunday, after some "benign neglect", meaning, I did nothing, 4-1 and 4-2 are back to, more-or-less normal.  Signal strength on my H20 receiver is about 65-70%, and no bouncing around.  I'm at 100% on 6-1, and the difference may relate to my antenna aiming (I'm only about 5 miles away).  

At any rate, I made no changes, so I have to assume it's at the transmitter end.

Stan