News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Time to Update the :: PROGRAMMING :: Section on the Main Page

Started by SRW1000, Sunday Nov 09, 2008, 05:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

Withe the digital cutoff quickly approaching, could the :: PROGRAMMING :: section on the main page be updated?  There have been some additions and shuffling with METV and ThisTV that aren't shown yet.  This would be helpful for new visitors just getting into digital TV.

Thanks,

Scott

John L

Quote from: SRW1000;49061Withe the digital cutoff quickly approaching, could the :: PROGRAMMING :: section on the main page be updated?  There have been some additions and shuffling with METV and ThisTV that aren't shown yet.  This would be helpful for new visitors just getting into digital TV.

Thanks,

Scott

It's November 11th and its still not done yet.  :bang:

-John L.

SRW1000

Bump.

It's been a month, and the front page is still outdated.

Scott

Tom Snyder

Wait till you see how outdated it is in another month! ;)

If *someone* (hint, hint) is willing to send me a list with the correct information, I'll put it in there.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

SRW1000

Thanks for updating this, Tom.  I would expect an increase in site traffic over the next few months, and this should help out the newcomers.

Scott

John L

It still lists Ch. 10 as a Multi-channel, ummm  10.2 through 10.7.

-John L.

John L

Time to do ANOTHER update on the Local Stations Broadcasting in Digital.

WVTV is now (18D) transmitting digital over their old analog channel.

WBME-TV has 8 sub-channels with 2 active and the rest with color TPs.

49.1 MeTV
49.4 Telemundo

There are probably others but that is all I know for now.

WTMJ-TV plans to add 4.3 in the near future...but I wouldn't worry about listing that until it happens.

-John L.

ArgMeMatey

Tom Snyder

Thanks for the heads up... made these changes... also removed the countodwn ticker and replaced it with shut off times.

After 7 years, we need to figure out what to put there in its place. :)
Tom Snyder

John L

Oh Darn!  Time for ANOTHER Update. :bang:

Channel 6-2  Doppler 6000

-John L.

John L

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

John L

Opps!!!  I see the one post of June 16 on there about "6.2 Fox 6 Doppler Radar".  I forgot about that post.

Thanks for the addition to 4.3 Cool TV, but I don't know that you should have added 6.2.  Last I check 6.2 is a color bar Generator slide with tone. Unless they decided to have returned the radar within the last 48 hours.

I am sure the folks at Fox 6 have some plans of some sort for 6.2, but that remains to be seeing.  There are a lot of broadcast offerings from companies hoping to end up on a multi-channel.  I think FSN Wisconsin should be put on 6.2 to offer Brewers, Marquette, Wisconsin and Buck games to OTA viewers who don't or can't get cable.  Afterall FSN Wisconsin studios are located in Fox 6.

I know a gentleman who lives out in the country near Elkhorn and depends mainly OTA tv.  The only time he gets to see the Brewers is when they are broadcasted on 58.2

-John L.

LoadStar

Quote from: John L;52807I am sure the folks at Fox 6 have some plans of some sort for 6.2, but that remains to be seeing.  There are a lot of broadcast offerings from companies hoping to end up on a multi-channel.  I think FSN Wisconsin should be put on 6.2 to offer Brewers, Marquette, Wisconsin and Buck games to OTA viewers who don't or can't get cable.  Afterall FSN Wisconsin studios are located in Fox 6.

Nope - FSN moved out "a few years back," according to Chuck from FOX 6:
http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/forums/showpost.php?p=52573&postcount=34

ETA: FSN doesn't have the rights to the Badgers; those are handled by whomever owns the NCAA national broadcast contract (CBS, I think), and the games they don't carry are on the Big Ten Network. Likewise, the Marquette games are on the national contract (currently ESPN, I believe) and regional matchups are on ESPN Plus. FSN does still have the Brewers and Bucks contracts, though.