News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

D* channel 6 SD feed lip sync issues

Started by jimbop99, Friday Oct 24, 2008, 04:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbop99

I just got off the phone with D*. I am having a lip sync issue with channel 6 SD feed. This is occurring on all three of my boxes, two are Directivos and one is a directv HR21. They think it is a feed problem, but if it is, everyone would have this problem, so is anyone having this problem?

vegasvic

I'm having it too, on all 5 of my receivers.

Jimboy

It's probably a Direct TV/Dish Network issue at their combined receive site. They need to reset the frame sync for WITI. This happened to WVTV a few months ago.

tbarney

I did notice the same thing on Dish Network, so it may have been as Jimboy suggested.

vsbash

hi all!  for months my family and i have been enjoying Me-TV (channel 58.3) but now they've moved it to 49.1 and we can't get it any longer - "no signal".  We can still get 58.3 which is now This TV.

We don't have satellite or cable - just a plain sony 27" flat screen tv with an antenna which has an amplifier and a rotator and the HD converter box.  

We live in Randolph which is about 75 miles northwest of Milwaukee.

Does anyone know if we're just not getting this channel in due to a lower frequency??  We've reprogrammed our box and adjusted our antenna but nada.  

I really hope we're able to get this station in again soon!!  I'm having Alfred Hitchcock withdrawals :( and I reallly do love Lucy!!  :)  i thought i saw somewhere that this station has a lower frequency but is planning on increasing it after the Feb 2007 HD conversion.  I really hope so!  Me-TV is the best station.  For now, we'll just have to settle for WBAY-RTN.  Not as good as ME, but it'll do.

troyriley

MeTV on 49.1 is running at lower power than the other major stations in town. They made a slight improvement on 49.1 when they moved their digital transmitting antenna from Oak Creek to the channel 58 tower. With this improvement came the removal of MeTV on 58.3 and replaced it with This TV. However, I wouldn't count on receiving 49.1 until they boost power, which is expected around February. For me at 46 miles, the signal is marginal at best. At 75 miles, it's going to be very difficult to receive.

Here's some info that might give you a slim chance at receiving MeTV. The digital signal is on channel 48, and the analog remains on 49. The analog signal I believe still comes from the Oak Creek tower, which would probably be about 85 miles from you (also difficult to receive). This of course will be shut off in February. What antenna do you have? Probably the best options for any chance to receive the signal are the 91XG or Channel Master 4228, both UHF antennas. You would continue to need the amplifier and get your antenna mounted as high as you possibly can.