News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Wmlw-tv? Not!

Started by John L, Monday Nov 03, 2008, 03:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

I tuned in and was watching 41-1 thinking at first it is WMLW-DT from their Low Power DTV transmitter.  It turned out to display as WOTV, and then it had a 41-2 WXPS which to me are in Battle Creek, Michigan which is directly across the lake.

Very Interesting, but no sign of WMLW-DT, they still on?

-John L.
Muskego, WI.

WITI6fan

WMLW-DT is on WDJT-DT 58.2.

kevbeck122

Quote from: WITI6fan;49011WMLW-DT is on WDJT-DT 58.2.

It's also available on 41.1 (13 VHF).. low powered.  I was never able to receive it with an indoor antenna.

Maybe try tuning to digital channel 13.1 and see if it maps to 41.1...

SRW1000

It's coming in for me, all the way up here, so they're still on the air.

Does anyone know when they'll go full power and quit broadcasting on 58.2?

Scott

troyriley

WMLW-LD is virtually impossible to receive for those of us to the southwest of the city. Right now, WREX (Rockford's NBC affiliate) has their analog signal on 13. In February, the WREX digital signal currently being broadcast on 54 will move to 13.

Also, analog 41 is difficult to receive right now because WIFR (Rockford's CBS affiliate) has their digital signal on 41. That will be moving to 23 in February, and WMLW's analog signal (which should still be on the air being a low power station) will be available. Until then, 58.2 is the only way WMLW can be seen to the southwest.

Way to go FCC! Good job on the co-channel interference between cities only 80 miles away from one another. :bang:

John L

Quote from: SRW1000;49014It's coming in for me, all the way up here, so they're still on the air.

Does anyone know when they'll go full power and quit broadcasting on 58.2?

Scott

Despite the complaints from people here, me wonders why Ch. 58 insists on using their multi-channels if it actually affects the quality of their High Definition video on the main channel.  I mean they now have WBME-DT ch. 49. They could put "This TV" on as 49-2 and also WMLW on 49-3 if they wish. But since WMLW-DT is on the air with their own signal on VHF ch. 13, why should they also be on 58?  When the Packer games are on 58 people don't like it, thus the reason they perfer either 6 or 12 as they don't do multi-channel casting, at least not yet anyways. I can see a local 24 hour TV News broadcast operation a possibilty in the future from either channels 4, 6, or 12. Course we now have 24 hours of Weather plus on 4-2.

Normally I do get WMLW-DT, but not on Saturday as I got WOTV 41.1 in HD from Battle Creek, MI and WSPX 41-2. However, WMLW-DT and WOTV-DT  most likely do not broadcast on the same frequency. I have no idea what virtue channel WOTV transmits their DTV signal on. It had to be confusing thou to the converter having 2 ch. 41s.

-John L.

John L

Quote from: troyriley;49016Way to go FCC! Good job on the co-channel interference between cities only 80 miles away from one another. :bang:

I think with the signals being digital, the FCC will have better and more flexibility to re-assign station frequencies once all analog signals are gone. With today's tuners they are able to keep up with DTV stations if they change frequencies. However a rescan is highly suggested at times.  

-John L.

troyriley

I agree, it's much more logical to put WMLW and This TV on 49-2 and 49-3 rather than 58-*. There's plenty of bandwidth available for three standard definition stations on one frequency, leaving the HD station (WDJT) the full bandwidth on another frequency. I think right now because WBME-DT is not running at full power, they are leaving those two subchannels on 58. With This TV being so new, they want to use the stronger station to promote it, and then hopefully they'll move it, just like they did with MeTV.

Also, WOTV-DT Battle Creek broadcasts their digital signal on channel 20.