• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New Look

Started by techguy1975, Tuesday Jan 07, 2003, 08:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techguy1975

Nice job on the upgrade.  The new layout is very nice indeed.  Just out of curiosity, what software is being used for the forums?  It was Ultimate BB before wasn't it?  Why the switch?  Aside from the fact that this one is so much cooler! :D

Tom Snyder

We're using VBulletin... we took the same evolutionary path as AVS Forums.

Among other things, the new software has more and better administrative features (most improtnaly the ability to move errant posts to correct categories), the ability to do polls, private messages, display avatars, and nest heirachical sub forums.

There's also a post spell check feature that I will be using as soon as I figure out how to trun it on.  :rolleyes:
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

MarkS

Great job with the software modifications.  Easy to navigate and nice to look at.

Thanks!

Mark

techguy1975

One small thing though..

While in the forums, there is no easy way I saw, to get back to the home page.  Clicking on the logo at the top left or the "home" button only take you back to the forum start page..   At least in my opinion, there should be an easy, qucik way to get back to the main page..

Of course...as proven by some of my other postings, my opinions are usually very far off :cool: :D

Tom Snyder

There's a link waaaaaaay down at the bottom of every page. I'll need to check the config and make sure that changing the link on the main logo to point to the site home page instead of the Forum home page doens't break the forum. If it doesn't, I'll make that change.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org