News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WBME-DT Now broadcasting on 49.1

Started by Tom Snyder, Friday Oct 17, 2008, 09:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

WBME-DT (49.1) was turned on today at 5am at a tower site at Lincoln Creek.  Rescans of OTA tuners may be required to pick up the new service.

ERP is only 100 Kw so it's stronger than a low power digital, but not as strong as other full powers just yet.  The signal will go to 850kw near or just after the digital transition in February.

Please use this forum to report your location and signal strength.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

techboy

It's still analog at my house in Glendale.

Update    As of 24 October...  After a very careful tweaking of my antenna direction, I can receive just barely enough signal to lock in 48D.  It'll have to be much stronger than this if reliable coverage of northern Milwaukee county is expected.
Retired Broadcast TV / Radio Engineer WTMJ. ( 35 Yrs )

jjallou

Quote from: techboy;48701It's still analog at my house in Glendale.

Are you watching analog 49?  Or digital 48 (49-1)?
Digital 48 (49-1) is a SD 4:3 digital signal.

It comes in about 83% with a SNR of 29 in Franklin. When does it get pulled from 58-3?

troyriley

WBME-DT 49.1
Genoa City, WI (46 miles from tower)
Dish Network VIP722 ATSC Tuner: 64%

It's coming in about the same, maybe a little weaker, than before. The signal from here is marginal. With the Dish 722, it takes about 15 seconds to lock in to the signal, but no dropouts after that, much like before. My Zenith DTT900 converter box, which has a much better tuner, locks into the signal without a problem. I get some pixelization with the DTVPal converter.

At least for me, a rescan wasn't necessary since I was already picking up 49.1 from it's previous transmitter site.

wysiwyg

Saw this mentioned in Cuprisin's article, and hoped my DTVPal would have automatically scanned for it, but no such luck. But after doing a manual scan, it is there, on frequency 48. This signal strength I'm getting is in the mid to upper 70's, whereas most of the other full power stations in the area are in the high 80's or low 90's. Haven't been watching it long enough to ascertain whether or not it has the same technical issues as 58.3.

troyriley

Maybe it was just the way I read it, but Cuprisin made it sound like they weren't already broadcasting their digital signal. The article gave the impression this was a brand new signal. WBME-DT has been on the air for some time now on 48, just apparently from their Oak Creek tower site.

gb4fan92

So this is the same as 58-3 Me-TV?? That's what it appears like to me.

troyriley

Quote from: gb4fan92;48776So this is the same as 58-3 Me-TV?? That's what it appears like to me.

Right now it is the same as 58-3. A new channel I believe called "This TV" will eventually replace MeTV on 58-3, and MeTV will be exclusively on 49-1. Hopefully for MeTV viewers, the WBME-DT signal will be stronger by then.

jarschmd

After a scan, I can now pick up 49-1 digital in western Stallis in a really crappy location with a simple indoor bow-tie.  Strong signal but the ME-TV content just looks horrible...just as bad as on 58-3.  Ugh.

c1glass

58-3  comes in fine but I cannot get 49-1 so  no more     me-tv

neighbors in my area and family in dodge co. report the same problem

what can be done ?     We  do not have  cable

larsob

WBME ME-TV is available in the Sheboygan area on Charter Cable.
analog ch.20/digital ch.970

mrschimpf

Quote from: larsob;49083WBME ME-TV is available in the Sheboygan area on Charter Cable.
analog ch.20/digital ch.970

Actually ThisTV was put on the 970 slot on November 1; WBME is still on 20.

PatM

Quote from: wysiwyg;48741Saw this mentioned in Cuprisin's article, and hoped my DTVPal would have automatically scanned for it, but no such luck. But after doing a manual scan, it is there, on frequency 48. This signal strength I'm getting is in the mid to upper 70's, whereas most of the other full power stations in the area are in the high 80's or low 90's. Haven't been watching it long enough to ascertain whether or not it has the same technical issues as 58.3.

Thanks for the information.
I haven't done a rescan yet, but noticed that TitanTV lists the station as ME-TV 46 (49.1)

Must be a mistake on their part.
I'll try 48 and see what I get.

basshive

ME-TV 49.1 comes in great here in Waterford at my parents house with a little indoor shooter. My Dad is quie pleased with this channel!
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV