News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

NBC Sound Issue

Started by Kenoman, Wednesday Oct 15, 2008, 09:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenoman

Am I the only one with this problem? Recorded and watched "ER" and for about the first 5 minutes you could hear the music and sounds but not people talking. It was as if my center speaker was turned off.
It also happened when I was watching "My Own Worst Enemy". About 10 minutes into the show the center sound cut out for about 5 minutes.
NBC (Channel 504) is the only channel I have had this problem.
:huh?:

Andrew

Quote from: Kenoman;48645Am I the only one with this problem? Recorded and watched "ER" and for about the first 5 minutes you could hear the music and sounds but not people talking. It was as if my center speaker was turned off.
It also happened when I was watching "My Own Worst Enemy". About 10 minutes into the show the center sound cut out for about 5 minutes.
NBC (Channel 504) is the only channel I have had this problem.
:huh?:

Yeah, I had the same problem during My Own Worst Enemy, and earlier in the week I had problem hearing the dialog, but everything else was loud.  Switched to 004 and everything was fine.

brewtownska

I had the same issue with ER recorded off Dish in HD.  I've had that happen before a year ago...may have also been ER, so at least I was fairly sure it was a broadcast issue not an issue in my home.  The interesting thing for me was I could turn on the closed captioning to see what was being said...I forgot that was data built into the transmission and was recorded to the DVR along with everything else!
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

cdnelson

We had the same issue with ER as well....very irritating.

greenskingIV

Any program in HD on NBC I have audio problems with. Sports, series, movies what ever I never get any center channel sound. I am dreading the Superbowl this season because NBC has it

Bluto

I'm on D*.  It happened to me during Monday night's recording of 'My Own Worst Enemy'.  During the scene he was checking out "the other guy's" apartment.

duncantuna

Happened at that exact same time for me, also.  Milwaukee TWC.