News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC HD issues

Started by radman_w156, Sunday Oct 05, 2008, 11:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno321

Quote from: radman_w156;48779Follow up to my original post that started this thread:
I swapped out the box at TWC's recommendation and much to my suprise, my "pixelation" and drop out problems disappeared. Coincedence? Probably not but who knows, could happen I guess. Been over two weeks though. I still have this maddening issue when many of the HD channels are blank and/or dispalying the "Not Available" message. It seems to be the latest crop of channels and only those. The long term channels are never an issue. And is also appears to happen when they add channels. For a while I couldn't get the batch of channels they added a few weeks ago and then all of the sudden one day they were fine. Now it is happening again and there appear to be some channels I hadn't noticed before.
:bang:

I see pixelation occasionally during HDTV sports MLB World Series and NFL.

TWC (for HDTV and RR) will never admit a problem on the phone (it is a monopoly).  If you get lucky, a knowledgeable tech that comes on site can fix the problem and let you know the real deal.  Usually, the problem magically disappears and then starts again after awhile.  Sounds a little bit like TV in the old USSR.:mad:

EmuZombie

Quote from: Danno321;48855Sounds a little bit like TV in the old USSR.:mad:

In Soviet Russia, Cable company fix you!

(I'm sorry for the spam, I just couldn't resist)

Mikey

I have various channels of HD that don't work at all, randomly.   This weekend, FoodHD didn't work for most of the weekend.  I played the audio, but the image was a extremely pixilated still image, unmoving for most of the weekend.

Also, my box sounds like it is popping popcorn at times, pop, pop pop, pop pop POP pop...etc...especially when recording or watching a recorded program.

It is awful.

LoadStar

Tonight, watching (or _attempting_ to watch) Science HD, both video AND audio are completely stopping every 5-10 seconds for about 5 seconds at a time. (When I say they stop, the video freezes at the last frame, and the audio drops. Both "stop" and "start" simultaneously.)

Is anyone else seeing this?

Edit: problem gone.

cnjbucks

Radman,

Thanks for the information about the box swap.  My main TV has a DVR I have had for a couple of years.  However, this week I swapped my 2nd cable box w/a DVR, and both boxes are experiencing this same outage.  

I think it is odd that I had them from when they arrived, everything has been great, I get a 2nd DVR, and withing 48 hours I lose the new batch of HD channels.