• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV2PC is Live

Started by basshive, Tuesday Oct 21, 2008, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basshive

Some of you may have already been prompted tonight to download the latest firmware from DirecTV, if not, you will be.

Once you have done this 0290 update, you will be able to start streaming all your shows to pcs in your home.

http://www.directv.com/directv2pc

You need to click through, and then fill in your email to get an install key which will be required later. The download is SLOW, like 23k slow.. but will finish :) So far so good here. Its working awesome. Streamed Sons Of Anarchy to the bedroom pc/hd setup.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-cutting-edge-ce-discussion-forum/152090-directv2pc-issues-feedback.html
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

basshive

Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360

gb4fan92

Quote from: basshive;
You need to click through, and then fill in your email to get an install key which will be required later. [/QUOTE
I tried this last nite before bed but I still haven't received my install key yet so I can't do the install.:(

basshive

I assume you checked spam folder etc? My buddy had same issue and he re-downloaded this morning and finally got the email.
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360

Mark Strube

This is very cool. I'm going to have to try this tonight. I wonder how it would perform over WiFi...

gb4fan92

Quote from: basshive;48777I assume you checked spam folder etc? My buddy had same issue and he re-downloaded this morning and finally got the email.

Yep checked the spam. Tried it again and still no email with key. Tried it another time with my work email still no luck. Does the email come immediately?

basshive

gb4fan92, see your pm.

Mark, it works awesome for me using wifi. The HR-21 is hardwired but I am on the second story of the house using a Cisco/Linksys WGA600N wireless bridge and having no issues.
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360

Mark Strube

Same problem here, downloaded the software a few hours ago, still no activation key, using Gmail. Been checking my spam folder also.

gb4fan92

Quote from: Mark Strube;48784Same problem here, downloaded the software a few hours ago, still no activation key, using Gmail. Been checking my spam folder also.

After the second download of the software today I received my email with the activation key.  Perhaps another download?

HDefinicktion

I have tried this on multiple setups, and was quite surprised that it works over wireless G.  I have heard that the activation server is down, and is not sending out activation codes at the moment.  Apparently they did not prepare for how many people were waiting for this to go live.

basshive

Last night I gave a it a full test watching Sons of Anarchy and it was flawless. I watched a lot of clips  before but this was the first time I let it go for the full hour over wireless. No issues here.
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
AppleTV