News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DTV Tower Work

Started by Jimboy, Monday Sep 15, 2008, 09:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimboy

Work is being done on the DTV tower near the vicinity of the 18-1 (channel 61) antenna. Due to this we will be off the air during the day today (9-15-08).

John L

Quote from: Jimboy;48204Work is being done on the DTV tower near the vicinity of the 18-1 (channel 61) antenna. Due to this we will be off the air during the day today.

Did you guys get your new channel 18 antenna?  Now's the time to install it before winter is here.

Jimboy

WITI6fan

Quote from: Jimboy;48206The MediaFLO installation is taking place.
http://www.mediaflo.com/mediaflo/index.html

Ooh, that looks interesting.

Jimboy

WVTV 18-1 (channel 61) is off again today (9-16-08) for the same reason. Should be back up around 5pm.

Same deal for the rest of the week as well.

WPXE ION

Quote from: WITI6fan;48216Ooh, that looks interesting.

This will be even better. :)
http://www.openmobilevideo.com/

Jimboy

DTV Tower work continues this week as well. 18-1 (channel 61) will be off again during the day.

Back on at 1:45pm today (9/23).

Jimboy

18-1 is off again today (9/25) for about 1.5 hours.

SRW1000

Has any of this work affected the broadcast signal?  Normally, I have no problem getting a strong signal, but tonight it was weak and spotty.

Scott

Jimboy

Quote from: SRW1000;48358Has any of this work affected the broadcast signal?  Normally, I have no problem getting a strong signal, but tonight it was weak and spotty.

Scott

Just last night? Or since last Thursday. That's when the Mediaflo antenna went up on the arbor opposite the channel 61 (18-1) antenna. Anytime more stuff is added to a tower it gives one more thing for signals to reflect off of - and it's not a good thing.
Could be Tropospheric issues as well? Or is it always bad now?

gb4fan92

Will I be able to view the football game on 58-1 in HD this Sunday? I wasn't able to last week.

Jimboy

Quote from: gb4fan92;48364Will I be able to view the football game on 58-1 in HD this Sunday? I wasn't able to last week.

Your question is not related to this thread. :huh?:

gb4fan92

Quote from: Jimboy;48366Your question is not related to this thread. :huh?:

My bad!  You're the channel 18 & 24 guy! I'll post a new thread.

SRW1000

Quote from: Jimboy;48361Just last night? Or since last Thursday. That's when the Mediaflo antenna went up on the arbor opposite the channel 61 (18-1) antenna. Anytime more stuff is added to a tower it gives one more thing for signals to reflect off of - and it's not a good thing.
Last week Thursday everything was fine.  Checking the meter tonight, the signal strength is fine, and the S/N ratio is back up to the high 20s.  Last night the signal was low, and the S/N ratio was below 10 :eek:.  I had to watch most of Supernatural via analog, which wasn't coming in very clearly either.

Since everything is fine tonight, I'm leaning toward the tropospheric ducting possibility.  I just wanted to check to see if maybe it was related to the tower work.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Jim.  We really appreciate your participation here.

Scott

John L

Quote from: Jimboy;48361Just last night? Or since last Thursday. That's when the Mediaflo antenna went up on the arbor opposite the channel 61 (18-1) antenna. Anytime more stuff is added to a tower it gives one more thing for signals to reflect off of - and it's not a good thing.

Doesn't WVTV or Sinclair have a say as to how many antennas they can have near a TV station's main antenna?  I know you guys are just leasing a spot on the tower, so Sinclair is not the actual owner of the tower.

-John L.