• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

help!

Started by michael valentine, Sunday Dec 22, 2002, 06:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael valentine

hi,
being new to this group, i think i posted my original plea for advice in the wrong forum room...long story short, i have a wide screen high def tv with time warners high def cable box...the reception on premium and high def stations is amazing, but on chanels 4 thru about 20, its like i'm watching thru a snowglobe...really bad reception!  time warner has been out about five times and i get no answer (not surprising)...if i reboot the cable box, i sometimes get a decent picture, but not always..has anyone else had this problem? has anyone else solved it?  i would appreciate any advice..i'm tired of watching Dave "fuzzy" Letterman...thanks

seahanks

I utilize the multiple inputs on my TV to always get the best picture possible.  I don't know what TV you have, but most of the sets we own have multiple inputs which you can switch with your remote.  So I go s-video out from the box to s-video in on my Toshiba's Input 1, then use component out from the box to component in into Input 5.  When I'm watching HD, I switch to Input 5, but on "regular" digital cable I watch through Input 1.  It's sounds like a hassle, but it's really not.  Even the Mrs. is used to it now.

sp44again

That's what I do also.

akitakoi

Me too!
I assigned a macro to my MX-500 to switch inputs with one click.

michael valentine

thanks for the advice...all this stuff can be kinda overwhelming for a guy that isn't even sure how his remote control works...