News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone able to get an M-Card from TWC?

Started by BlueOtto, Monday Sep 15, 2008, 10:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueOtto

Just curious if anyone has been able to get an M-Card from Time Warner.

The Tivo Series 3 requires either 2 S-Card CableCARDs or 1 M-Card CableCARD.  Just had Time Warner Cable come to install for the Tivo, and they generally didn't seem to understand / know much about CableCARDs and pretty much everyone we spoke to never heard of M-Cards or didn't understand our request.  The S-Cards work, but then we have to pay $1.50 x 2/month rather than just paying one card.  It seems crummy that we have to pay twice as much just because they either don't have or aren't offering to us the better card.  Anyone have a different experience?

TiVo Dude

The exact same thing happened to me, except that the customer service person on the phone told me they would be bringing an M-Card.  But when the dude showed up, surprise surprise, he had two S-Cards.  Between that and their feigned ignorance regarding the tuning adapter, I'm thinking TWC is made up of a combination of imbeciles and douchebags.

milwaukee

You're lucky if you call and they even know what a cable card is. Good luck having an installer know a damn thing about one either.