News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Need TW Synergy remote help

Started by cnjbucks, Friday Sep 05, 2008, 10:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnjbucks

Hi everyone,

Something happened to my remote.  Yesterday all I could do is change channels on my Explorer 8300HD and power off the cable box.  It used to turn on/off my TV and received and control the volume on the receiver.

I went through and reprogrammed the remote and I can turn on and off the TV and receiver.  I have discovered that now the Replay, List, Live, and the PIP functions do not work.

The list button works on the cable box, and I tried power cycling the cable box, and as a desperation shot, I replaced the batteries. I also went through the codes in the flyer that came with the remote as well.:bang:

Any ideas?

markd

Quote from: cnjbucks;48043...Any ideas?

Sure, when you're out and about this weekend, stop in to a TWC store and get a new remote.  They charge you monthly rental fees and that stupid thing so you should not have to deal with the frustrations you're currently going through.  Get a new remote with nice clean and shiny buttons :D

cnjbucks

That was going to be my next plan of attack, or just ditching the remote and getting a Harmony remote to consolidate all of the remotes I have now.

Gregg Lengling

If you want a great remote go for the X-10 Icon remote, I'm beta testing the new rf/ir version and I'm in love.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

cnjbucks

New remote from TW office at Mayfair fixed my issue.  Thanks for the advice on a remote, I hadn't heard of it, I was looking at the Logitech Harmony remotes.

Jack 1000

Glad that the problem is fixed,

The first line of defense is to get some new fresh batteries in your remote, which will fix problems like the one described in the first post of this thread.

Under average use, the batteries should last for a year or more.

Two tests to see if the batteries are going:

1.) Can you use the features on your remote from close to across the room by pointing the remote JUST BELOW the signal eye of your TV?  (Always zoom in a straight line for best results.)

2.) Can you press and hold down the left and right arrow buttons and/ or the Page +/- button to scroll the IPG fast from near across the room in a straight line?  This is known as power speed mode.  If you can do those two things, the batteries are in good to great condition.  If not, think about getting some good brand batteries in the future.

Once you program those remotes, my experience is that they work very well.  It is finding your TV and equipment codes in programing the damn things that can be a nightmare.

Jack

PS.  Did not originally see that new batteries had been installed.  But this is still the first thing that should be done in situations like this.
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide