• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

YEA! WTMJ - Now that's how you do it!

Started by Mags, Thursday Aug 28, 2008, 06:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mags

Anyone notice the HD feed tonight from WTMJ?

Most importantly, do you notice the SMALL GHD logo in the FAR RIGHT SIDE OF THE SCREEN!  This is where it should be!

Why is it that in 99% of the HD Programming, the provider has to put the HD and station logo just off-center on the screen?  Why can't they do it the right way, like WTMJ is doing?

Congrats WTMJ - obviously you are an HD leader and really care about the HD customers in the Milwaukee area!

Tunebug

Personally, I thought it kinda stunk.  There were a lot of shots in SD.  I don't recall the first 3 preseason games having hardly any SD if they even had any at all.  As for the "G HD" logo in the lower right, that has nothing to do with TMJ.  That logo was also there during the last two games which were on 18.

I also thought the Pack sorta stunk.  I hope Rodgers can do it and I sure hope he doesn't get hurt.

Talos4

Personally I thought that was the worst technical broadcast of the pre-season.

The audio issues were horrendous, it was a mess, Volume levels all over the place, my receiver couldn't figure out which mode to stay in because they kept switching off and on different modes.

The PQ was also all over the place. I kept taking my glasses off and on thinking it was me that was causing the "soft" images at diffrent points in the game.

As far as the bug, my Mits's inherent overscan cuts off the "D" of the HD in the bug, I did like that bug compared to some of the other obnoxious ones that are used.  

I do have to give props to WFRV for the HD offerings in the pre-season. They've got some work ahead of them but all in all a good effort.

basshive

It is a shame that the pic quality could not match that of when CW18 was broadcasting the game for us. Football on NBC looks pretty terrible in general thanks to sub channels etc.

The audio was INSANE. Half of the interview had no audio, I could hear stuff being rewound, at one point I heard what sounded like a dj scratching records. Good grief. I honestly thought to myself, is the middle school av team playing with equipment?

The bug in the corner was the same as it has been for the other games.

Always great to have our games in HD but this last one had some serious issues.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

OlsonNet

Quote from: Tunebug;47863As for the "G HD" logo in the lower right, that has nothing to do with TMJ.  That logo was also there during the last two games which were on 18.

The games were on 18 because of the Olympics. All 3 games were produced by the same network for the Packers state television network.

Mags

My ONLY Point was that the logo was in the right place.

Maybe they had other issues (wasn't watching or listening closely) - but it is the first time I'd seen ANY channel put the logo in the correct place.

It seems that most channels put the logo, on their HD channel, in the spot that would be the right side of the screen on a 4:3 channel - they are too lazy to put it in the right place for HD viewers and 16:9 TV's.

THAT's why I was so pleased with TMJ - it showed they cared.

wxndave

The logo was on the HD feed from the production truck not TMJ.