News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTv AM-21 OTA tuner problems

Started by jimbop99, Monday Aug 25, 2008, 09:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbop99

I am having a slight problem with my OTA tuner. When I search for channels it gives me this for CBS:

58-1 WMLWDT
58-1 WDJTDT
58-2 WDJTDT2
58-3 WDJTDT3
58-4 WDJTDT4

After everything runs and I check signal strength (all at 100%), it works great. Then a day or two later I loose 58-1, but the subchannels are still good. Clear the channels, research for channels, and everything is good again. Is there anyone else with an AM-21 that can help me out. Thanks.

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: jimbop99;47812I am having a slight problem with my OTA tuner. When I search for channels it gives me this for CBS:

58-1 WMLWDT
58-1 WDJTDT
58-2 WDJTDT2
58-3 WDJTDT3
58-4 WDJTDT4

After everything runs and I check signal strength (all at 100%), it works great. Then a day or two later I loose 58-1, but the subchannels are still good. Clear the channels, research for channels, and everything is good again. Is there anyone else with an AM-21 that can help me out. Thanks.

I get/got the same stuff; I edited OTA antennas and removed (uncheck) WMLWDT.  Now, my menus show only 58-1 WDJTDT, 58-2 WDJTDT2, etc., and it seems to hold.  Obviously, wherever D* gets its info from is sending duplicate information for 58-1.

By the way, when I did my initial OTA setup, I had to lie and say my ZIP was 53201, because when I used my real 53217 ZIP, the system searched forever until I killed it.  D* doesn't know that 53217 is part of the Milwaukee OTA market, I guess.  However, 53217 worked for the satellite pick-up.  Curious.

Stan

Talos4

Can't say I've had the same problem.

I've been using mine for several months without a single issue.

jimbop99

I did the reset of channels a few days ago and it's behaving. Thanks for the replies.

Cheesehead Dave

I just got finished setting up my OTA antenna with the AM21 and I'm having the same problem. I'm getting every HD channel I try including several from Chicago, but I don't get 58-1. 58-2, -3, etc. all come in just fine, however.

I checked the signal strength, and it's reading 99-100% for 58-1.

Cheesehead Dave

Reset the OTA setting and reran the setup, and now everything seems to be working. Odd.

Cheesehead Dave

Quote from: Cheesehead Dave;47941Reset the OTA setting and reran the setup, and now everything seems to be working. Odd.

I spoke too soon. 58-1 is gone again.

jimbop99

It took me three or four times before I got it to stay. Keep trying!

jimbop99

Quote from: Cheesehead Dave;48033I spoke too soon. 58-1 is gone again.

So did I. It can't find the signal for 58-1. All the rest are fine.

Cheesehead Dave

Still nothing this morning. Good thing I set up all this equipment so I can not watch football CBS in HD this afternoon... :mad:

jimbop99

Mine is still working. Have you tried resetting the channel list and rescanning?

JohnRacine

My DirecTV OTA tuner has also lost 58-1.  I did a rescan...it shows 58-1 in the guide, I'm getting 93 on the signal strength meter, but when I tune to the channel, all I see is a blank screen with no audio.  Can't wait for WBBM in Chicago to increase their power so I can watch CBS in HD once again.  I lost 58-1 beginning on the morning of Sept 3rd if that means anything.  It's blank since then.

basshive

Just tested OTA at the in-laws house here in Waterford.

On their HR-20, main CBS 58.1 is working fine, but it also lists a 58.1 as WMLW I think it was, which is not working. The other sub-channels show but .4 and .5 are off-air as the norma I believe.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Stanley Kritzik

As I said previously, I had no luck with my real Zip Code, 53217, so I semi-cheated and used 53201 -- Milwaukee's main Zip, and then I got it all -- plus, I got WMLW and WDTV both for 58-1.  I edited out WMLW, and since then, all was well.  I saw the tennis and the football game, both in glorious HD.

Having said that, I'd like to see 58 send better PSIP data in, so we wouldn't all have to futz around with their station.  Giving local stations veto power over network feeds was a big win for the broadcasters and an equally big loss for everyone else.

Stan

Cheesehead Dave

I can get it in, but when I download the latest CE update from D* and restart the box, I have to go through the whole antenna setup procedure again because the box reactivates the second 58-1 channel.

All the 10-x channels that moved to 36-x are still showing as well.

Who would be the correct contact for this? WDJT and WMVS or D*?