• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Usa Hd

Started by greg210, Sunday Aug 24, 2008, 03:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e-man

For what its worth, an installer told me last week that when switched digital is rolled out by February, TW plans on a large addition of hd channels.  History has shown that you must take what they say with a grain of salt, but this guy seemed genuine and anxious for more hd as well.  I'll remain cautiously optimistic as I recently moved and Diirectv could not get a line of sight for my  dish.

nick3092

Quote from: e-man;47824For what its worth, an installer told me last week that when switched digital is rolled out by February, TW plans on a large addition of hd channels.  History has shown that you must take what they say with a grain of salt, but this guy seemed genuine and anxious for more hd as well.  I'll remain cautiously optimistic as I recently moved and Diirectv could not get a line of sight for my  dish.

FEBRUARY???? :eek:  That is a long way off from the July 30th date previously communicated.  I think this guy just has SDV confused with the OTA switch to digital in Feb....:D

gparris

The Circuit City store I go to has a TWC HD display on an endcap.
On the display is shows The Movie Channel HD and StarzHD, which I corrected them immediately as wrong and that the store should get a correction.
The salesman then told me that TWC was getting those two HD channels and Discovery HD (not HD Theatre, which we had had for some time) by the end of August.

Do you think CC will actually MAKE the correction and allow the deception to continue or...put new signage based on reality?
-Of course not, it is better to let others help TWC with the deception (more HD channels coming "soon"), than tell the truth, right?:rolleyes: