News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TMJ 4-1 Olympic Coverage

Started by jjallou, Friday Aug 08, 2008, 07:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjallou

Anyone noticing periodic breakups/hiccups with 4-1 during the opening ceremonies?
Every once in a while the program will massively pixelate with a loss of audio then come back. My signal meter doesn't budge from 97% during the problem. I don't see this on any other channel either. What Up!

LoadStar

I'm seeing it here as well (watching via Time Warner in New Berlin). It's pretty normal for WTMJ, in my experience.

duncantuna

Yup, saw the same thing on my TWC feed of WTMJ.  Lots of signal problems.  

So much so .. my DVR was hosed.   Any time I tried to back up, I just got a black screen.  Early on, I hit the record button .. it WAS being recorded.  This morning, I look in my List?  Gone.  No recording.

Dunno if that was feed issues, or that my 8300HDC is a piece of crap.

jjallou

Another thing I find interesting........
I recorded the ceremonies using a Tivax settop box feeding a VHS machine. This uses a different antenna than my tv set. The recording had the same hiccups at the same time as when I saw them live off the air from 4-1. Very annoying to watch these burps in the signal. Two of my neighbors saw the same thing. One uses TWC and the other OTA. Do they plan on fixing this before the transition? Or don't they see a problem? Because I sure do.

duncantuna

Well .. I think this all means that it might be the satellite links from China, not WTMJ.  

Anyone have any out-state friends .. ask them if their local NBC HD channels had these problems.

--
Usually, my TWC WTJM-HD channel comes in mostly flawlessly.  I've noticed since they've gone to China, like the Today Show and Nightly News .. both have had freezing issues.

sp44again

Anybody notice how flippin loud the commercials are? I need one of those new Denon receivers with Dynamic Volume for this. :)

REVM1M

Now AGAIN they have T-Storm garbage on . Those idiots:bang: :bang: :bang:

basshive

So far I have been quite impressed with the video coverage. I am VERY disappointed with the audio. The opening ceremony should have been an aural feast and instead it was quiet, soft, and to add to it we had the commentators talking throughout the ENTIRE ceremony which really ruined the event for me.. I think they really missed the boat with the audio production...
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

SRW1000

I'm shocked at just how bad the picture quality is anytime there's some motion on the screen.

Here's a picture I took tonight of the synchronized diving event:

I'm trying to figure out how much of this might be due to Weather Plus versus the actual broadcast material.  I posted the picture to the AVS forum, and others are seeing the same poor quality, and most of them are also stuck with WeatherPlus.

Scott

basshive

That is by far some of the worst I have seen. Man that is bad!

I have been on the road this past week and checking out how NBC looks everywhere I got because frankly its terrible at home! I can sadly say we are not alone.

Charlotte, NC - Very bad pixilation, no full breakups but horrible blocking and pixing. (Some cable provider watching the USA vs. China basketball game)

Bowling Green, KY - Exact same things I see in Wisconsin, breakups, stutters and some pixing. (Watched via D* in sports bar - Beach volleyball)

Newark, NJ - I am watching right now and so far its been flawless here via D*. Weird? (D* in hotel, Womens gymnastics)

No idea if any of these have a sub channel like Weather+
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

RonH

I've had quick breakups through D* lately on 4.  I switched to my OTA feed on 4-1 but then I don't see an issue.  However, this is likely because I only get issues every hour or so.

WTMJ always seems to have digital broadcast problems.  They probably won't fix it until they cease analog broadcasts.

By the way Basshive, is there a difference between a "HD DVR Plus" and an HR21?

basshive

QuoteBy the way Basshive, is there a difference between a "HD DVR Plus" and an HR21?

Well, there could be. The HD DVR Plus could be the HR-20 or the HR-21 although the 20's are pretty much gone and will not be given out from D*.

Then on the SD side you have the DVR Plus which can be the R-15 or the much more sylin R-16.
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
AppleTV