• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New HD channels for TWC Milwaukee

Started by gb4fan92, Friday Jul 11, 2008, 12:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

Well, they suposedly had no bandwidth left.. but they did add USA HD, which isn't SDV... so there goes that thought.  They were supposed to switch a bunch of channels to SDV on the 31st of July I believe... that hasn't happened yet.  I assume there's a problem with getting the channels switched over to SDV.. but who knows.  They've had more than enough time to get it working.. I don't know what their problem is.

Jack 1000

Quote from: kevbeck122;47630Well, they suposedly had no bandwidth left.. but they did add USA HD, which isn't SDV... so there goes that thought.  They were supposed to switch a bunch of channels to SDV on the 31st of July I believe... that hasn't happened yet.  I assume there's a problem with getting the channels switched over to SDV.. but who knows.  They've had more than enough time to get it working.. I don't know what their problem is.

I heard on the AVS Forums that USA HD was being removed after the Olympics, which really boggles the mind if true.  Keep the channel going when added, don't give us teasers for 2 weeks and than, that's it.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

gparris

I don't know who calls in (besides me) that complains about TWC Milwaukee's lame HD offerings, but if at least if some of us do, maybe TWC will get the picture, if it can "see" it.:rolleyes:  
-I honestly think the TWC Milwaukee engineering dept. cannot do the job, otherwise it would be done by now.
The Green Bay/NE TWC Wisconsin area has THIRTEEN MORE HD channels than metro Milwaukee has, maybe TWC Milwaukee should hire their engineers.

Look at the TWC notification site about the "Jewelry Channel" that gets a "possibly" moved to the digital side (to take up less room bandwidthwise).
I'm certain that all it will take is a few old ladies (my guess, my opinion) complaining and  I'm sure TWC Milwaukee will keep it in the analogue channel side, eating up allocation space for 2-3 HD channel additions, SDV implementation notwithstanding...so why not us HD subs complaining, too?:D

If granny (IMO) is saving so darn much on her jewelry, she can afford the $8/month for a cable box to get the digital channel, or maybe TWC's marketing model should include 1 free basic cable box with every subscription!:bang:

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;47633I don't know who calls in (besides me) that complains about TWC Milwaukee's lame HD offerings, but if at least if some of us do, maybe TWC will get the picture, if it can "see" it.:rolleyes:  
-I honestly think the TWC Milwaukee engineering dept. cannot do the job, otherwise it would be done by now.
The Green Bay/NE TWC Wisconsin area has THIRTEEN MORE HD channels than metro Milwaukee has, maybe TWC Milwaukee should hire their engineers.

Look at the TWC notification site about the "Jewelry Channel" that gets a "possibly" moved to the digital side (to take up less room bandwidthwise).
I'm certain that all it will take is a few old ladies (my guess, my opinion) complaining and  I'm sure TWC Milwaukee will keep it in the analogue channel side, eating up allocation space for 2-3 HD channel additions, SDV implementation notwithstanding...so why not us HD subs complaining, too?:D

If granny (IMO) is saving so darn much on her jewelry, she can afford the $8/month for a cable box to get the digital channel, or maybe TWC's marketing model should include 1 free basic cable box with every subscription!:bang:

Co sign!  Their whole marketing campaign is bull*****. "The Power of You?"  We don't have ANY power at all.  Sometimes I honestly think that little old ladies make up the results of any surveys that they send out with regards to what channels to add. :o

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;47635Co sign!  Their whole marketing campaign is bull*****. "The Power of You?"  We don't have ANY power at all.  Sometimes I honestly think that little old ladies make up the results of any surveys that they send out with regards to what channels to add. :o

Jack

You're right, there is no "Power of You", it is all marketing hype designed to make you feel that even though in our own state of Wisconsin, where the Green Bay-area TWC  has 13 more HD channels than greater-Milwaukee TWC,  you, being the ignorant HD sub (they assume you are), should feel "great" about having TWC for your HD channel provider!
Now, that's hype, as in the "Power of Hype".:bang:

jarschmd

Quote from: tencom;47411If you don't like it Then go to another provider. TWC is under no obligation to offer more HD
"YOUR FREE TO CHOOSE So why be angry. There are other things in life then HD. I would more complain about poor programming,  then the lack of HD.

Might I remind you that you're posting on HDTV MILWAUKEE FORUM.

Duh.