• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Thank you CW 18

Started by basshive, Sunday Aug 17, 2008, 08:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basshive

Just a shout out to CW 18 to say thanks for the carriage of last nights game. I do not know the details, who produced it, fed it etc but watching on CW 18 last night was fantastic. I had no real expectations on the quality I was just not expecting it in HD and to be done so well :) I had to watch on QAM so I couldn't use any dvr functions but the quality was excellent, no issues aside from our teams play.

Thanks guys!
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Jimboy

You're welcome!

We do it again on Friday night. Packers & Broncos.

Also thanks should also go out to TMJ4 as well.

js6751

just out of curiosity, who produced the game and who owned all the hd cameras and equipment?

hormy_83

I agree - big thank you from me!

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

John L

Quote from: Jimboy;47667You're welcome!

We do it again on Friday night. Packers & Broncos.

Also thanks should also go out to TMJ4 as well.

Actually I think it would be cool if CW18 had the rights to the GB statewide games. This way it won't interrupt NBC programming on TMJ4. But then CW18 is also a network affiliated station. However at this time CW network does not offer any programs on Saturday night, but that could change in the future.  Course this Friday night CW18 interrupts Wrestling for GB Packers football. The Wrestling is to air the next day, but probably not in HD since as of right now CW18 doesn't have the equipment to tape shows in HD and play them back in HD yet.

Someday CW18 will have that equipment.  Just think Jimboy, channels 18 and 24's electric bill price will dramatically decrease in March-April since you will no longer be operating the analog transmitters.  Then hopefully the stations can start saving money for studio HD equipment so we can see off network or syndicated shows in HD someday.

-John L.:D