News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Directv 771 error

Started by the_heller, Saturday Dec 20, 2008, 01:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_heller

Quote from: Johnny Wong;49726Still having the same problem with the local HD channels?   Definitely no snow or weather tonight....

Everything is coming in A-OK. Getting the snow off the dish appears to have done the trick.

basshive

Quote from: Tom Snyder;49725So glad I was able to talk my installer into bolting my dish to the side of my deck. I just reach over the rail and brush it off. If it would have been on my roof, I'd be big trouble.

I agree. I was so aprehensive about having a pole install done. NOW, however, I am very happy to be able to run out and knock off snow/ice. Not sure I would getting up 3 stories to the roof ever!
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Stanley Kritzik

Mine's on a sturdy, won't move fence corner pole.  Everything's solid.  The only minor problem is that I have to wade thru a bit of snow to get to it.  But, I'm having good signals, and no real problems.  After clearing off the snow, an "RBR" (red button reset) will get everything back to normal, if necessary.  For those of us, like me, who use their "SWM" technology, a restart is a bit more complicated, but it all works out slick as can be.

I'm liking DirecTV more and more as the technology keeps being refined and improved.

Stan

Chinatown

Quote from: Stanley Kritzik;49745Mine's on a sturdy, won't move fence corner pole.  Everything's solid.  The only minor problem is that I have to wade thru a bit of snow to get to it.  But, I'm having good signals, and no real problems.  After clearing off the snow, an "RBR" (red button reset) will get everything back to normal, if necessary.  For those of us, like me, who use their "SWM" technology, a restart is a bit more complicated, but it all works out slick as can be.

I'm liking DirecTV more and more as the technology keeps being refined and improved.

Stan

However, I haven't lost signal once through all of this crappy weather.

I think I would be calling D and get an installer to readjust the satellite.

RonH

I just lost signal today during the rainstorm.  However, when this happens it seems to only be the new satellites, not the 101deg one.  So, I may have to watch the badger game on the old ESPNHD, channel 72, rather than the new one 206, since I believe 72 is on the 101 sat and 206 is on the newer D11 (99deg?).

Do others find that the 101 sat is more robust to weather issues?  My SD box in the basement almost never looses signal.  It did one time, but we were down in the basement for a tornado warning so it was probably justified.

I might think a rookie installer like I had would do a good job getting the 101 sat aligned but forget to check the rest, but in good weather I am above 90 on all the sats.