• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

D* Fox & CBS HD - ch. 88 & 80 Question

Started by smack, Sunday Aug 17, 2008, 12:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smack

I noticed today that I no longer receive Fox 88 out of NY and from reading on here I saw that was going to happen.  Does anyone else still receive this channel?

Another question, is anyone getting CBS HD (ch 80) on D* who lives in our market?
Did you have to call D*, or did it just appear?  Is it still available to you?

Thanks

Talos4

88 Disappeared last week. I knew that was coming. After thinking about it a little bit, I haven't needed to use 88 to watch anything for quite awhile. It's really no loss.

As far as 80, never had it. Never even tried for a waiver, didn't need to waste the time and effort on a futile attempt.

Bluto

I lost 88 (and 398, the new MPEG-4 version) yesterday.

I'd confirm that I still have 80 (and 390) from a waiver given several years ago, but I don't want to lose it. :)

HDefinicktion

I just checked and both 398 and 390 are both still active for me.  I also noticed the 88 and 80 are both still active on my HR20 and H20.

basshive

QuoteI just checked and both 398 and 390 are both still active for me. I also noticed the 88 and 80 are both still active on my HR20 and H20.

How are we in the same village and my waivers get denied?! :(
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

HDefinicktion

I have no idea how that works...to me it doesnt make sense, but remember who we are dealing with.  Maybe my waiver was seen by an intern when I sent it in....who really knows.

When are 88 and 80 supposed to disappear?  Is this the "rollaway" of the MPEG-2 channels starting?

Bluto

Quote from: HDefinicktion;47701I have no idea how that works...to me it doesnt make sense, but remember who we are dealing with.  Maybe my waiver was seen by an intern when I sent it in....who really knows.

I think it's a matter of timing.  I applied for my waivers 3 years ago, and they were granted.  But I don't think the locals have approved waivers for almost two years now.

Olias

I am still getting 88. Would be great is they didn't get around to cutting me off until after football season...

jimbop99