• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV to boast 130 HD channels on August 14th, 1080p movies later this year

Started by basshive, Tuesday Jul 29, 2008, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbest1797

Quote from: AndrewP;47379Tom,

You shouldn't have a problem in Racine with Chicago OTA. You maybe even pull ch. 26, which I get occaisionally here in Muskego. Most likely even one antenna CM 4228 will work for both Milwaukee and Chicago. Just turn it towards Chicago, remove back screen and you shoud get Milwaukee. Did not work for me, because I am to west from Milwaukee - Chicago line. But if you will be close enough to that line, then it should work.
QuoteI have a 4228.  I got pretty reliable reception from Chicago except during the summer months.  This was hanging in a first story bedroom. That of course doesn't include CBS2.  If I got DirectTV, I would need a way to get CBSHD.   I don't want to put it up on the roof now and find that to get 2 and 7 I would need a different antenna in Feb.  I would love to drop the $20 I'm paying to TWC to record the broadcast networks.  I have 2 big trees to the north which will probably give me trouble with Milwaukee.  One antenna for Milw/Chi OTA would be fantastic.  How is your reception for Chicago during the summer?

gparris: There's just no clear choice as to which provider is best for me.  DirectTV is probably the closest but lacks CBS and WGN in HD.  I only watch one show on CBS so I could probably make due there but have to have WGN for the Cubs.  I could get around these cons with a reliable OTA setup.  I just don't want to do it now and have to make changes after the shutdown.  I've read the 4228 has some success with VHF-Hi but there is just no way to anticipate what I'll see in Feb. at 60 miles from the towers.

Tom

AndrewP

Actually, I have better reception during the summer. The worst season is winter. Only ch 32 and 50 are 100% always. Then ch. 5, 9 maybe 80%, 7 - 50%, others are not regulars.
There is a hope for CBS2: it will switch to upper channel in Feb. (11 ? don't remember now).
I doubt you will be able to get "free" local TWC HD channels (according to their ads) for $20. Remember receiver fee and DVR fee ?