• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Packers Family Night Scrimmage - HD or not?

Started by BFavre4MVP, Saturday Aug 02, 2008, 09:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFavre4MVP

Tomorrow night is the annual Packers family night scrimmage.  I know some of you would rather watch grass grow (in HD) than endure this glorified practice, but I'm chomping at the bit for some football.

Anyone know if Fox 6 will be broadcasting this in high def?

RLJSlick

I think it wasn't last year.

Quote from: BFavre4MVP;47399Tomorrow night is the annual Packers family night scrimmage.  I know some of you would rather watch grass grow (in HD) than endure this glorified practice, but I'm chomping at the bit for some football.

Anyone know if Fox 6 will be broadcasting this in high def?
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

LoadStar

I'd be surprised if it were. The scrimmage broadcast isn't a part of the preseason television contract. If it's like last year, it's a collaborative broadcast by both the Green Bay and Milwaukee FOX stations, and since neither have local field HD production capabilities that we know of, they would have no way to produce this in HD.

To be perfectly honest, the broadcast is dullsville anyway, and wouldn't gain anything from being in HD.

WITI6fan

WLUK produces the show. So, no, it won't be in HD.

Also, WITI's field cameras are switchable between 4:3 and 16:9 SD.

LoadStar

Quote from: WITI6fan;47404Also, WITI's field cameras are switchable between 4:3 and 16:9 SD.

Cameras, sure, that's the easy part. I was referring to a HD capable production truck. I think MPTV is the only station in the area with a truck like that.