• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WISN may be going HD soon i think

Started by khafferkamp, Monday Jul 28, 2008, 11:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD News In Milwaukee

Ill WISN GO HD SOON
7 (25.9%)
Ill WTMJ GO HD SOON
14 (51.9%)
Ill WJDT GO HD SOON
2 (7.4%)
Ill WITI GO HD SOON
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

khafferkamp

I was the one who posted the TMJ4 thread. I was watching WISN today and saw that a camera lost signal and the color bars said microwave truck 1 camera SD and i have noticed other things like during good morning america WISN has a croll bar on the HD send without downgrading to SD and 12 news video is clearer than cbs 58 and fox 6 tmj4 is pretty much the same quality what does everyone else think will wisn go HD soon?

Nels Harvey

WTMJ always tries to be first.  This might be interesting!
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Bluto

I had my hopes up until that evil bastage, Tim Cuprisin, crushed them yesterday*:

"And just in case you're wondering, there are no Milwaukee newscasts ready to take the plunge into the ultra-sharp world of high-definition broadcasting.

"It's coming, of course, but there's no real impetus to invest the money right now.

"The equipment costs money, and local high-def programming doesn't bring in any specific advertising revenue."

He also mentions that no local network affiliates are able to store syndicated HD for later playback .

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=776894

* Just kidding - Tim is NOT an evil bastage.  I think. :D

khafferkamp

if no shows can be stored in HD how can TMJ4 Play back the today show a hour later after the morning blend

LoadStar

Quote from: khafferkamp;47293if no shows can be stored in HD how can TMJ4 Play back the today show a hour later after the morning blend

They probably pick up on the west coast feed.

Mags

That's too funny.

They are too cheap to go HD in Milwaukee, because advertising won't pay for it.

It's funny - Tampa has had 2 channels doing news in HD for 18 months now.

I guess FL people are dumb, because for some reason it makes sense down there to do the news right.  I doubt the advertising market is all that much different in Tampa than Milwaukee.  They are both very similiar markets, I believe, in terms of size.

jjallou

Quote from: Mags;47313That's too funny.

They are too cheap to go HD in Milwaukee, because advertising won't pay for it.

It's funny - Tampa has had 2 channels doing news in HD for 18 months now.

I guess FL people are dumb, because for some reason it makes sense down there to do the news right.  I doubt the advertising market is all that much different in Tampa than Milwaukee.  They are both very similiar markets, I believe, in terms of size.

According to AVSFORUM http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=453241

Tampa is DMA market 13 while Milwaukee is DMA market 33. That's a fairly large difference in size in terms of DMA placement.

WITI6fan

Quote from: Bluto;47292"And just in case you're wondering, there are no Milwaukee newscasts ready to take the plunge into the ultra-sharp world of high-definition broadcasting.

I've been told differently. :D

js6751

Quote from: WITI6fan;47319I've been told differently. :D

Can you elaborate at all?

Bluto

Quote from: WITI6fan;47319I've been told differently. :D

I'd be thrilled if that is true.  What's the timeline?

Tom Snyder

4, 12 and 58 have all indicated Q1 2009. 6 had no predictions because they were being sold.  No word since the new owners have taken over, but as much local news as they do, and how fierce the ratings battles are for top news station in this market, it wouldn't be surprising if they took the plunge first.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

WITI6fan

Quote from: js6751;47321Can you elaborate at all?
I rather not. ;)

Quote from: Bluto;47322I'd be thrilled if that is true.  What's the timeline?
Supposedly, soon.

Edit:
Quote from: Tom Snyder;473234, 12 and 58 have all indicated Q1 2009.
I've always thought WDJT would be last to go HD. Now that I think about it, they have so little stuff (one live truck, two studio cameras, no actual set) that it would be very easy for them to go HD.

basshive

QuoteI've been told differently.

QuoteI rather not.

unfair taunting :P
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

js6751

Quote from: WITI6fan;47339I rather not. ;)

Supposedly, soon.

Edit:

I've always thought WDJT would be last to go HD. Now that I think about it, they have so little stuff (one live truck, two studio cameras, no actual set) that it would be very easy for them to go HD.

Ahhh, soon. My favorite word. Come on, we promise we won't tell anyone! Can you tell us if it will be this month at all (august)?

js6751

Quote from: WITI6fan;47339I rather not. ;)

Supposedly, soon.

Edit:

Ahhh, soon. My favorite word. Come on, we promise we won't tell anyone;) ! Can you tell us if it will be this month at all (august)? I just read that the NBC station in Richmond, VA just went HD (and they're #59 DMA:eek: )!