News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Navigator

Started by Kenoman, Wednesday Jul 23, 2008, 08:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz

I noticed this week that my Navigator box is much quicker while browsing through the guide - and doesn't pause to get new data when I jump 6 days ahead.

I just moved to a new house, so I don't know if that's part of it or maybe they just improved that function.

Jack 1000

Here is a little Navigator inconvenience thing that I don't like (and a question.)

My understanding is that you cannot "pad time" (add time to a Show scheduled for recording) IF another show scheduled for recording would appear as the very next show in the IPG on the same channel. Navigator used to give me alerts on this. So to illustrate by example:

Let's say that in the IPG a football game is scheduled between 12:00pm-3:30PM. Normally, let's say that you want to pad 15 minutes to the end of the football game, making the end time 3:45. Fine. But, let's say the wife wants to record some cooking show at 3:30 on the same channel when you have padded that 15 minutes of extra time. Because of the IPG grid synchronization, you cannot pad extra time to a previous program if you are recording the second program on the same channel. Using this example the conflict for Navigator is:

1.) Do I finish the first recording with padded time on the same channel?

2) Or do I forget the extra 15 minutes of overtime added by the user, and start the new program in the IPG?

I have an MDN (non-C) box. Based on your own experiences, how would Navigator handle this conflict?

Is there a workaround?

How do other IPG's handle a configuration similar to this? Tivo, Cox, Comcast's IPG?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

mhz40

Option 2...
Setup the 2nd recording and pad it's end time.

Jack 1000

October 24, 2009:

1.)Keyword Search is needed TOP UPDATE FOR BOTH MDN/ODN BOXES ASAP: Navigator needs to be able to find a program by Keyword. That keyword should be found in ANY part of the program description. Continuing to type additional letters, should narrow the search down to what you want to see and ONLY what you want to see based on your Keyword Search.

Searching by TITLE is of little value when a list of 15 College Football Games are showing in a list. I should be able to type in the word "Packers" and get all instances of Packer games showing over the next several days. The removal of this outstanding feature that worked so well in Passport, needs to be brought back to TWC-Navigator ASAP!

2. Bring the "C" button back as an option in the Time Grid to do Searches, either by Title or Keyword.

3.) As letters are typed for either Keyword or Title Searches, make the list on the left hand side of the screen reducible to only those results that are related to the search query.

4.) Create Manual Recording Options to Manually override the time grids, so if users only want to record part of a show, they can manually set timers to record without having to "be there" to hit the record button.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide