• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Ordering PPV and Recording With DVR Questions?

Started by Jack 1000, Monday Jul 21, 2008, 05:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Hey All,

I'm contributing to this discussion on the AVS Forums with a guy in either North Carolina or Philly who has been recording PPV movies with his DVR for years.  It turns out that last night he tried to record two movies and got the "Channel Not available" message.  His local TWC office on the phone said that PPV movies could no longer be recorded because of a copyright issue.  Personally, I think the CSR gave him a line of *****.  I know that VOD programs cannot be recorded and Music Choice channels can be rewound up to the point the channel was first viewed. However, they can't be recorded.)  However, there is a Record and Buy prompt for all of our PPV special event programs.  I have not ordered a PPV for years.  But can anyone confirm for me that you can record PPV events (in our case on channel 801 where I am) on your DVR in Milwaukee?

I mentioned that his issue was more likely a Navigator box issue and not a copyright problem.  Six months ago, I contacted our TWC office through e-mail, and they said you could order PPV on Channel 801, but not on VOD 1000 or higher.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide