• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New Hd Packaging from Dish

Started by Chinatown, Thursday Jul 10, 2008, 08:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinatown

As well as reduced pricing:

Press Release: Launch of 17 National HD Channels and New HD Only Packages
DISH NETWORK® MEETS 100 HD CHANNEL MARK AHEAD OF SCHEDULE; ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF 17 MORE NATIONAL HD CHANNELS

Introduces Industry-First TurboHD, the Only 100% HD Service, Available August 1

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – July 10, 2008 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced plans to launch 17 national HD channels, surpassing its goal of reaching 100 national HD channels five months ahead of schedule.

The new HD channels that will be added are:

* ActionMax HD (DISH Network Ch. 313)
    * CBS College Sports HD (Ch. 152)
    * Lifetime HD (Ch. 108)
    * Lifetime Movie Network HD (Ch. 109)
    * Planet Green HD (Ch. 194)
    * Encore HD (Ch. 340)
    * HBO 2 HD (Ch. 301)
    * HBO Comedy HD (Ch. 307)
    * HBO Family HD (Ch. 305)
    * HBO Latino HD (Ch. 309)
    * HBO Signature HD (Ch. 302
    * HBO West HD (Ch. 303)
    * HBO Zone HD (Ch. 308)
    * Starz Comedy HD (Ch. 354)
    * Starz Edge HD (Ch. 352)
    * Starz Kids & Family HD (Ch. 356)
    * Starz West HD (Ch. 351)

"In January, we promised our customers that DISH Network would boost our national HD channel lineup to 100 by year's end. Today, we are proud to say that in less than one year, not only did we deliver on our commitment, but we exceeded it," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "We continue our pledge to DISH Network subscribers to add more national channels and local HD markets, as well as offer the best sports and movies in HD."

In addition, DISH Network is thrilled to introduce TurboHD, the first-ever 100 percent, all-HD programming package in the pay-TV industry, with advanced equipment that works on all TVs. TurboHD offers the most-watched HD channels in four separate tiers and can be viewed on analog, digital and high definition TVs, making it the perfect solution for consumers who have or are considering upgrading to HD programming. All TurboHD packages can include HD locals where available.

"TurboHD is revolutionary to the industry; we're changing the way people watch TV by offering them all of the top channels – in HD only – with the best high-definition systems on the market," said Jessica Insalaco, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. "When consumers add HD programming, their viewing habits change – they don't like to go back to standard definition – so their viewing switches over to all-HD channels. TurboHD will provide the next-generation high-definition television experience by offering only the best in HD programming and award-winning HD technology at incredible prices."

* TurboHD Bronze: $24.99/month or $29.99/month with local channels*
    * TurboHD Bronze DishDVR Advantage: $34.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver
    * TurboHD Silver: $32.99/month or $37.99/month with local channels*
    * TurboHD Silver DishDVR Advantage: $39.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver; Regional Sports Networks where available
    * TurboHD Gold: $39.99/month or $44.99/month with locals channels*
    * TurboHD Gold DishDVR Advantage: $49.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver; Regional Sports Networks where available
    * TurboHD Platinum: $10/month – add TurboHD Platinum to any qualifying package and receive HD channels that do not have corresponding SD channels.

New DISH Network Digital Home Advantage (DHA) subscribers or DHA-24 customers (24-month commitments) who sign-up for America's Top 100 or higher, DishLATINO or higher, TurboHD Bronze or higher, or a qualifying International programming package will receive $50 off of their first statement and Cinemax for one year for just a penny. New or current DISH Network subscribers who commit to DHA-24 will also receive HBO and Starz free for the first three months of their subscription.

More information will be available at //www.dishnetwork.com in the coming weeks. The new national HD channels and TurboHD packages are available beginning August 1, 2008.

DISH Network offers new customers the opportunity to upgrade for free to a dishHD DVR receiver like the ViP722™ - which recently received the top-ranking Editors' Choice awards from both CNET and PC Magazine. The ViP722 is a dual-tuner HD DVR that operates two televisions in separate rooms and offers up to 500 hours of storage capacity allowing customers to pause, rewind and fast forward their favorite TV programming.

For more information on DISH Network, visit //www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

StarvingForHDTV

Thanks for posting this.  I have been wanting an all HD package for a long time.

cjucoder

Now here is a pricing/package that makes sense to me.  I'm going to check into what channels are included.  This may finally be something that gets me to jump the OTA only ship for the first time.

Quote from: Chinatown;47109* TurboHD Bronze: $24.99/month or $29.99/month with local channels*
    * TurboHD Bronze DishDVR Advantage: $34.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver

The wording on this cracks me up.  The only difference between the Bronze with locals and the "Bronze DishDVR Advantage" is $5.00 and a "free" DVR :D  Regardless of the goofy wording, I suppose that is a good price for DVR compared to other pay services.  It's just wierd when you are used to not paying for any TV or any DVR service at all.

StarvingForHDTV

If you find out what channels are on the bronze package, please let us know.  Thank you.

Chinatown

Quote from: StarvingForHDTV;47127If you find out what channels are on the bronze package, please let us know.  Thank you.

What is currently available.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dish_hd/programming/index3.shtml

Will try to remember to update, once August 1st comes around.

Ralph Kramden

Chinatown, that package has been available for a long time. Nowhere there does it say Bronze HD either.

kevbeck122

The $29.95 a month all-HD package has been around for awhile now... but these are new packages.

StarvingForHDTV

The channels for the TurboHD packages are on the Dish Network website now.  I might try out one of the packages this Fall.

brewtownska

I'm thinking about going for the Turbo HD Silver package.  All the current TWC channels my wife watches are on there, and it sounds like the regional sports are included (so I'm assuming I get the various FSN sports channels so I can watch the Brewers in HD when they're on).

I currently pay TWC $30 for RR and $40 for standard cable (both are considered "deals" as I had to call and threaten to cancel before I got those prices).  This TurboHD package (without locals...I can get those via antenna) plus DVR is only $39 plus taxes.  I'll just be using 1 HD TV and 1 analog TV, so it looks as if they'll give me one of the high end boxes that can be configured for that setup...only 1 box instead of 2 which saves me paying 2 sets of box fees.

Does this look correct to everyone.  Any hidden costs I'm missing?  I've never been with a satellite TV company before, so I don't know what else to verify before ordering.

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Chinatown

The only thing that I can see that you will be missing is the guide info on the DVR for the locals. I am not sure how that will impact the recording possibilities for those channels. May want to call Dish to confirm same.

brewtownska

Cool, thanks for the heads up.  I do remember seeing something on the Dish site when I was reading about the various boxes saying you can attach a local antenna AND RECORD FROM THOSE CHANNELS, but like you said it's tough to know how the guide will see those channels.  I'll make sure to ask.

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Chinatown

Quote from: brewtownska;47426Cool, thanks for the heads up.  I do remember seeing something on the Dish site when I was reading about the various boxes saying you can attach a local antenna AND RECORD FROM THOSE CHANNELS, but like you said it's tough to know how the guide will see those channels.  I'll make sure to ask.

Mike

By the way, you will be getting the best HD DVR in the business. I have been back with Dish for 18 months and it is spot on.

Directs, on the other hand needed rebooting on a regular basis.

And yes, unlike cable or U-verse, the OTA is available as an option, to you.

Ralph Kramden

The new Turbo HD packages are ONLY available to new customers.

jkane

Not sure what is meant by missing guide for locals.  Dish offers local channel guides for it's OTA tuners.  I tend to ignore it, because I never watch commercial TV any more, but there is guide data on the screen.  I can record any HD show I want also.  I do record Nova Science Now, but that's about the only local OTA show I care to see.

Chinatown

Quote from: jkane;47441Not sure what is meant by missing guide for locals.  Dish offers local channel guides for it's OTA tuners.  I tend to ignore it, because I never watch commercial TV any more, but there is guide data on the screen.  I can record any HD show I want also.  I do record Nova Science Now, but that's about the only local OTA show I care to see.

So you are saying that data is available through their receiver?, If so, I stand corrected.