• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

ATT Local Phone Frightening Me

Started by UncleMeat, Monday Jul 07, 2008, 08:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleMeat

I'm on hold with ATT right now, just got an e-mail order confirmation from them.  Said that 900/976 call blocking was removed from my account.  It was a legit e-mail.  I logged into my account to verify that, and looked at my bill detail for last month.  It said 41 calls were placed on my land line.  I don't think, in 10 years as an ATT customer, that I've placed 41 total calls.  I use my cell phone for 99.999999% of all calls I make.  On top of that, there is another "order" placed on my account from the beginning of this month that I didn't get any email about and it has no details of what the order was for.

Of course, I got on the phone with someone and they had to transfer me.  I'm guessing they'll leave me on hold until I hang up.

EDIT - I checked, in a 6 month period up to the last billing cycle, 4 calls were placed from my land line.  Something is definitely messed up.

LowSignal

Did you call the number from the email or a KNOWN ATT number? Maybe you just know got scammed and being putt on hold is charging you to call Africa or something. I've seen that scam before,.

UncleMeat

Quote from: LowSignal;47089Did you call the number from the email or a KNOWN ATT number? Maybe you just know got scammed and being putt on hold is charging you to call Africa or something. I've seen that scam before,.

Like I said, e-mail was legit.  I logged into my ATT account and matched the work order number in the e-mail with one listed on my account.  I never call numbers or click links from e-mails, don't care who sends 'em.

After sitting on hold all that time (and amazingly only being transferred once), ATT is sending me a detailed bill with all the numbers dialed in the last 2 months.  They couldn't come up with an explanation, so I guess I have to figure it out on my own.