News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC Letter

Started by greenskingIV, Tuesday Jul 01, 2008, 04:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenskingIV

I am still getting all the channels that the guy told me I would not be getting. Maybe this is just a scam that TW is pulling..ha ha

mhz40

Quote from: greenskingIV;47831Time Warner called me today telling me that after today my cable card would not get the channels that they told me about in the letter. They offered me a cable box and I don't have to pay rent on it for the first month and they will install it for free...boy TW sure is generous aren't they:(

I called TW today to get a time line of the launch of SDV.  They told me some guy on MilwaukeeHDTV.org refuses to cough-up his cable card.  Once it's returned, SDV will be launched along with 50 new HD services. :D

greenskingIV

ESPN2 HD, Fox Sports HD, Universal HD, TBS HD, HGTV HD, National Geographic HD, Discovery HD Theatre, A&E HD, MOJO, HD NET, HD Net Movies are all still working with my Cable Card as of 6:25 PM

gparris

Quote from: greenskingIV;47852ESPN2 HD, Fox Sports HD, Universal HD, TBS HD, HGTV HD, National Geographic HD, Discovery HD Theatre, A&E HD, MOJO, HD NET, HD Net Movies are all still working with my Cable Card as of 6:25 PM

Oh, my and I was almost about to get excited about more HD channels appearing in the channel grid due to SDV today.:rof:

kevbeck122

SDV test channels are gone.. that's it.

gparris

Quote from: kevbeck122;47856SDV test channels are gone.. that's it.

That could be interpreted in several ways:

1) TWC Milwaukee could be ready to turn those HD channels into SDV.;)

2) TWC Milwaukee has given up trying to implement SDV in the technique it was implementing it.:rolleyes:

3) TWC Milwaukee just gave up and will be handing out the first cable free box (maybe) per household, dumping analogue like New York City TWC did.
       NYC TWC went all-digital, making those 60+HD channels a reality like they have there, now.{fart}

4) TWC Milwaukee gave up and we are stuck with 15 full time HD channels plus a HD PPV and 7 HD locals, that's it (until next year).:(

Which one do you think it is?

wireblsam

I think that it is #1... call me foolish

I just don't think that they wanted to roll out SDV during the Olympics.

gparris

I am currently believing that it is #1 too, but TWC could have us fooled once again.:(

OlsonNet

SDV may just have been enabled. I have a TiVo Series 3, was watching the Big 10 Network in HD just a few minutes ago. Switched channels, came back and now I get a message on the TiVo that I need a CableCARD decoder to view this channel.

Checked around and all the other channels on the list printed on the letter are also not available and give the same message :(

wireblsam

Quote from: OlsonNet;47893SDV may just have been enabled. I have a TiVo Series 3, was watching the Big 10 Network in HD just a few minutes ago. Switched channels, came back and now I get a message on the TiVo that I need a CableCARD decoder to view this channel.

Checked around and all the other channels on the list printed on the letter are also not available and give the same message :(

I had a box boot on its own on me while rewinding something on BTN HD at the same time as this.

kevbeck122

None of the channels are SDV on my box yet.

Maybe they disabled them on cablecard, kind of like how they disabled TBS HD, ESPN2HD, etc. awhile back on cablecard that made us think they had SDV enabled back then... I wouldn't be surprised.

gparris

While I am happy for those who finally got the BTN HD channel (527), those (many) of us not so inclined to enjoy that sort of thing, lost the USAHD channel (along with all TWC subs everywhere) on channel 525, very recently.

TWC: Here's a quick note (not letter):

I will understand this to be your way of saying it's not a matter of can't, but won't.

-Won't meaning screw the HD sub once more, even to the point of missing 13 HD channels here from your own Wisconsin location, (Green Bay), here in Milwaukee.
-Won't meaning you don't want to negotiate out the carriage agreements with NBC/Universal for the USAHD, Sci-FiHD and other HD channels, waiting to be added to the list of currently-available HD channel offerings.

-Can't because you are failing at SDV implementation when you have had several years to figure it out, here in Wisconsin-Milwaukee, in particular.
-Can't because you keep channels like the "Jewelry Channel" in analogue when it could be used to add 2-3 HD channels to help stop the flow of HD subs to other providers.

-Is the "BTN HD" channel the best and all you can offer after so many months of no HD channel additions?:huh?:

greenskingIV

Maybe the switched video has kicked in I haven't been able to view MOJO, HD NET, HD Net Movies for most of this week. I may have to trade in my cable card for the box...uggg

nick3092

Quote from: greenskingIV;48078Maybe the switched video has kicked in I haven't been able to view MOJO, HD NET, HD Net Movies for most of this week. I may have to trade in my cable card for the box...uggg

Sure enough.  When I go into the diagnostics on my 8300HD and go to page 21 (SDB Status) and tune HD NET & HDN Movies, I see the RX counter go up.  Which I only saw happen when looking at the SDV test channels.  Oddly, I don't see it happening when I tune MOJO though.

EDIT: Something else is odd with MOJO.  When I go to page 23 (Current Service Info) the "name" field says "iNDemandHiDef1".  Normally this field as the channel name, or some abbreviation of it.  HDN & HDNM do populate this field correctly.  Based on this, the SDB RX counter not increasing on this channel, and your inability to get this via CableCard, maybe TW is doing some kind of weird PPV-like broadcast on MOJO?

wireblsam

[/QUOTE] EDIT: Something else is odd with MOJO.  When I go to page 23 (Current Service Info) the "name" field says "iNDemandHiDef1".  Normally this field as the channel name, or some abbreviation of it.  [/QUOTE]

Before Mojo was Mojo, it was iNHD 1 (there was a iNHD2 as well).