News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

8300 Buffer Issue

Started by cnjbucks, Saturday Jul 05, 2008, 01:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnjbucks

Hi everyone,

I have the 8300HD box, and have noticed an issue since being "upgraded" to the TWC Navigator.  What I have discovered is that if I am watching a recorded show,  and when that is done, if I try to rewind the channel that is currently on, I can only rewind back to when I left the recorded show.  For example, I start watching a recorded show at 9:45 PM, and it runs to 10:15.  When I start the recorded show, I have the box tuned to 504.  In the past (pre-Navigator), I could then rewind channel 504 to either when I started watching the recorded show.  This way I could still watch the 10:00 news.

I noticed the same thing happens if I watch a movie, and I leave the cable box turned on and on a particular channel, I can't rewind that channel except for the time that I have been on that channel.

Does anyone else have this issue?

duncantuna

Works the same way for me.

You've just discovered reason # 2,391 that the new TWC DVR software sucks.  :mad:

U-Verse will soon be in my neighborhood, thank goodness.   I was happy with TWC until they changed their DVR software.  Now, not a day goes by where I try something that used to work, but no longer does.

cnjbucks

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that others were having the issue as well, rather than an issue w/my cable box.  :bang:

I have to agree, if you are going to homebrew the application, you shouldn't take away features that your customers are accustomed to having.