• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WMLW and WBME simulcasting

Started by PaulKTF, Monday Jun 16, 2008, 08:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

Okay so I get that Weigel wants to promote ME-TV but why are they still) simulcasting the same shows on WMLW and WBME at the same time?

I can understand running ads and crawels promoting it; but running the same episodes of the same shows on two stations at once doesn't make any sense. I hope it's a temperary thing.
-Paul

John L

WMLW and WBME only simulcast a couple hours per day. Before ME-TV came into the picture, WMLW was already airing Dick Van Dyke at 10:00pm, or same with Lavern & Shirley.  WMLW is promoting with a crawler on the bottom about ME-TV.

I am sure when WMLW still has the rights to some of the shows that happens to be aired at the sametime as WBME, or it just happens to be scheduled that way.

I also think the same schedule, all of it you see on WBME is also aired at the sametime over ch. 23 in Chicago.

I think once WMLW-TV makes changes to their schedule, those shows currently on WBME-TV will dissappear.

-John L.

John L

Quote from: PaulKTF;46870Okay so I get that Weigel wants to promote ME-TV but why are they still) simulcasting the same shows on WMLW and WBME at the same time?

I can understand running ads and crawels promoting it; but running the same episodes of the same shows on two stations at once doesn't make any sense. I hope it's a temperary thing.

In Tim Cuprisin's article this morning he reports that the simulcasting between WMLW-TV and WBME-TV ends on August 21.

Dick van Dyke Show reruns will no longer be seeing on WMLW.

-John L.

StarvingForHDTV