• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

FOX6 Debuts New Studio Set

Started by SRW1000, Sunday Jun 15, 2008, 07:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

It looks like they revealed the new set on tonight's 5:30 PM newscast.

I thought it was a bit underwhelming.

After weeks of doing the news from their newsroom, I guess it's kind of hard to remember what the old one looked like, but this new version just doesn't seem very different.

I'll reserve judgement, but If this was an upgrade in anticipation for a move to HD, it falls a bit flat.

What does everyone else think?

Scott

LoadStar

Quote from: SRW1000;46856It looks like they revealed the new set on tonight's 5:30 PM newscast.

I thought it was a bit underwhelming.

After weeks of doing the news from their newsroom, I guess it's kind of hard to remember what the old one looked like, but this new version just doesn't seem very different.

I'll reserve judgement, but If this was an upgrade in anticipation for a move to HD, it falls a bit flat.

What does everyone else think?

Scott

The main construction was to build a secondary set for "Fox 6 Wake-Up," which I expect will debut tomorrow. That's where 90% of the budget went, and from what I've seen, it's a rather good set.

The main studio, Studio A, really had very little done to it. The major change was to replace the anchor desk, to mostly match the desk used at most other "O&O" stations, as well as an upgraded lighting system.  Additional changes to Studio A which haven't been shown on-air yet include changing the floor from blue to black, replacing a few "duratrans" (the backlit parts of the set), and a few very minor other set tweaks. (As far as steps toward HD go, I think that only the improved lighting will really play a role towards that.)

I guess FOX 6 realizes their best chance of winning the ratings battle are in the morning, and so that's where they put the most money in first. In essence, it seems to me that they're sort of ceding the battle in the evening to WISN and WTMJ.