• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Transparent logos

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Oct 17, 2002, 02:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

I don't know about the rest of you but this logo crap on the lower right corner of the screen is starting to Piss Me Off.  Okay it was cute at first but now you have the network logo and the local logo...sometimes on top of each other and other times next to each other.  It's sorta like a football game where they put a side bar and a bottom bar with stats and scores.  I bought a 61" set so I could see 61 inches not 40 plus garbage.  Now the biggest offender is The Nations Network...the NEW TNN what a crock...I like to watch STTNG but the bottom is full of crap including emails from viewers...I won't watch it and I told them so......I think it's time the consumer fought back...but how..with millions of viewers they are just going to ignore a hundred or so of us.  

Maybe we have to start with the locals and go from their...it's probably a useless battle, but someone's got to fight it and I find it a disturbing turn of events.

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Kevin Arnold

I had to laugh last night as we watched some CBS out of Madison with the double logos. My wife said it looked like some old time luggage with the country stickers all over it. Seriously, cluttering up the picture with all the logos is contraproductive and irritating. I "know the brand" of the station I'm watching.
Kevin Arnold

P a u l

We call that a "Bug" and now I know where the name came from.

Tom Snyder

I could understand this if Neilsen still used diaries to report viewing. When I was in radio I couldn't believe how confused and clueless many listeners were about what stations and DJ's they were listening to..even with stations broadcasting their call letters 20-30 timea an hour.  

But TV usues meters... no recall needed. So the station ID isn't to provide greater accuracy in ratings reporting, but rather just to create more top of mind awareness. I can see their side of the argument, but I still hate it.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Pat

This is just a guess, but it seems to me related to cable channels being on different numbers in different cities and there being so many of them.  Actually, I *do* use the bugs when channel-flipping to see what it channel it is -- can't remember their numbers all the time.

If they are dim and transparent, I don't mind.

Joseph S

Quotecan't remember their numbers all the time.

All I remember are the numbers. The ones with the names that I remember are ones that have bugs placed in near the middle of the screen and never ever disappear. (WIZZN)   I have a very good opinion of the local NBC and CBS affiliates even if I can't remember their names. It really isn't much use for me since I don't/can't watch much local news, I've lived elsewhere, and the affiliations seem to change every few years anyways.

If the name was shown I'd know which it was, but if I can spit it out then it's because I don't enjoy watching your station because of the bug with your name on it.

Skipjack

An additional problem: those of us with RPTV's have to worry about burn-in from static images.  Heaven forbid if you have a kid that watches Cartoon Network or Noggin.