• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

A Simple Way to Get Better Sound From Your TV!

Started by Jack 1000, Monday Jun 02, 2008, 04:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Hi All,

I am hearing impaired and have always used closed captioning on my TV whenever possible.  I have a conventional Toshiba Digital TV, SD only.  But until TWC adds more HD content, I am happy with the set.

I got some Sony Digital headphones (good quality) and just to experiment I plugged them into the headphone jack on the front panel of the TV, which had been hidden.  OMG!  The difference is astonishing!!!  I can hear every sound with the utmost clarity!  It's like a home theater system for my ears.  I can not believe how quality headphones make such a difference!

There are not as many people that use headphones.  But if you get a good set of digital phones and plug them into a digital receiver or TV, it is stunning!  If you, or you know someone who has a hearing problem and you still have a good TV connected to cable or dish, look for the headphone jack on your set or sound system, and get a good pair.  It makes a world of difference!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

basshive

Great post. Back in the day my buddy and I used to plug in our headsets into his setup and watch the Star Wars trilogy. It was like hearing it all for the first time. Every foot step etc. Pretty amazing experience!
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Ralph Kramden

I agree headphones sound great, and I don't have a hearing problem. I wear them when I watch a movie late, when everyone's sleeping.