• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Sinclair petitions FCC, this time: DTV tuner perfomance.

Started by kjnorman, Tuesday Nov 12, 2002, 01:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjnorman

http://sbgi.net/dtv/DTV%20Tuner.pdf

http://sbgi.net/dtv/Sinclair%20DTV%20Recon%20Petition%20MM%2000-39.pdf

This is kind of funny!  Their worrying about tuner performance.... AhhGGGG!

Perhaps they should first worry about getting all their stations on air first.  We're still waiting for UPN24 (WCGV) and WB18 (WVTV) here in Milwaukee.  

Kerry

Tom Snyder

For a lurker, you sure are posting a lot!

Hi, My Name is Kerry, and I am a forum-a-holic....

hehehehe
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

kjnorman

Yer, yer, yer....

Actually we still have not cancelled out digital cable, like I originally said.

With a couple of locals coming to TWC, I am now holding off to the end of the year - at which time our "deal pricing" for HBO and Cinemax ends.

My wife would still like to go back to analog to save money at the end of the year.  We'll see how the digital locals stack up, but she is now a TiVo gal, and her comment about digital locals was "you don't expect me to go back to watching live TV do you?".  She will not let me spend the money on a PC recording solution, so we'll see how it goes....

Then again, she did not want a TiVo until she used it, so I am hoping that digital WTMJ and WISN on TW compared to the sad excuse for TV that is currently shown on analog may change her mind.  

Kerry

Hello, my name is Kerry and I am a technologic-a-holic...

[This message has been edited by kjnorman (edited 11-12-2002).]

Todd Wiedemann

You know, Kerry, this is way off topic, but the wife phenomenon is fun to hear from other folks here.

Every thing I buy is just another 'gadget' until she 'gets' it. I bought a cheepie Rio mp3 player, just to mess with. Now, it's a vital component to her lawn maintenance routine. To the point where she wants a 128Mb Rio, or that 20Gb Rio Riot.

After the house was hit by lightning, I thought that her world would come to an end without the ReplayTV. I'm still exploring how I can recover some of the shows on the blown unit !

We now *have* to watch CSI (the orig), ER and American Dreams in HD. Without exception. She's now pushing me to use our 'pull' to get more HD programming (that she likes)  

Just makes me happy to see that someone else out there is experiencing something similar.

[This message has been edited by Todd Wiedemann (edited 11-12-2002).]