• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

U-Verse multi DVR

Started by randro, Sunday Jun 01, 2008, 12:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randro

Anyone know if they are getting close to having more than one DVR capability? It was suppose to happen sometime mid-year.

picopir8

Depends.  There are websites out there that show you how to hack a non-DVR box and turn it into a DVR.  So you could have multiple DVRs now if you wanted.  However, the boxes belong to AT&T so if you get caught hacking it they may make you buy it.

As for the whole house DVR (WHDVR) functionality, where any box can retrieve recorded content from the DVR box... that has been postponed several times now.  The latest date I heard was Q3 of this year. However at CES, someone in the company stated that it could be available within weeks.  http://www.uverseusers.com/content/view/168/8/  but apparently that was not very accurate.  One person in the thread stated that he was informed that they are behind in testing and it may not be until Q4.

My gut feeling is that if it was ready, it would have been rolled out with the multiple HD stream update.  Since it was not, Q3 is probably the earliest we will see it, Q4 is probably more realistic.  I am just hoping that it will come before the end of the year.

steve053

I was in the Brookfield ATT store yesterday (Wednesday) and talked to a couple of sales reps.  They confirmed that there are plans to have up to 7 HD streams at once but there is no confirmed rollout to date.

One of the reps thought that they would have the capacity for 2 dvrs by the end of Q4, but again there has been no official announcement.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: steve053;46668I was in the Brookfield ATT store yesterday (Wednesday) and talked to a couple of sales reps.  They confirmed that there are plans to have up to 7 HD streams at once but there is no confirmed rollout to date.

One of the reps thought that they would have the capacity for 2 dvrs by the end of Q4, but again there has been no official announcement.
Don't believe everything a salesperson says....from what I've heard AT&T never envisioned more than 1 DVR in a household....their whole house DVR solution is the answer to that.  Also nothing as been noted anywhere that they plan on increasing the # of streams anytime in the near future.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}