News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Locals killing our HD shows!

Started by Mags, Sunday Jun 29, 2008, 02:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mags

I am watching the Sunday Brewer game (6/29) in HD on D*.  I was shocked when I saw FSN Wisconsin KEEP THE GAME IN HD AND STILL SHOW A SCORE TICKER ACCROSS THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN!

I didn't think this was possible - because it costs way tooooo much, according to our local stations.

It was awesome - no shrinking the screen to 4:3 - no big ugly graphics - just the pertinent info in small type on the bottom of the screen, without bothering the actual programming going on.

Now, if FSN Wisconsin can do this, why the heck can't our local network affiliates?  I would think FOX, NBC, et al, would have a LOT more $$$ to pay for this than a regional sports channel.

Our locals need to get with it soon.  No wonder Milwaukee has such a reputation of being years behind the rest of the world.  

Let's see:

1.  No HD crawler on shows,
2.  No HD News Yet (most major markets have multiple channels showing HD news)
3.  No light rail (ok, this one is off topic a tad)...

RLJSlick

Yeah I totally agree, I noticed that also and I think it's much better looking then that awful SD @#$!
I have a hard time believing that they can't afford a new crawl system on their networks. That's pretty weak.

Quote from: Mags;47013I am watching the Sunday Brewer game (6/29) in HD on D*.  I was shocked when I saw FSN Wisconsin KEEP THE GAME IN HD AND STILL SHOW A SCORE TICKER ACCROSS THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN!

I didn't think this was possible - because it costs way tooooo much, according to our local stations.

It was awesome - no shrinking the screen to 4:3 - no big ugly graphics - just the pertinent info in small type on the bottom of the screen, without bothering the actual programming going on.

Now, if FSN Wisconsin can do this, why the heck can't our local network affiliates?  I would think FOX, NBC, et al, would have a LOT more $$$ to pay for this than a regional sports channel.

Our locals need to get with it soon.  No wonder Milwaukee has such a reputation of being years behind the rest of the world.  

Let's see:

1.  No HD crawler on shows,
2.  No HD News Yet (most major markets have multiple channels showing HD news)
3.  No light rail (ok, this one is off topic a tad)...
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

vegasvic

What's funny is that FSN production for the most part is horrible.  And yet they are able to do something that the locals can't/won't.