• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Radio/TV Position Salaries

Started by Kevin Arnold, Tuesday Nov 05, 2002, 02:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Arnold

Totally off topic but found on technote.com. Sounded interesting:

Subject: Typical GM Compensation: $252,000
By Fred Lawrence
The average general manager in commercial radio received a quarter-million dollars in compensation in
2001, according to the NAB's annual salary survey. The average base salary for GMs was $186,783. With
bonuses and incentives included, the average was $252,191.
Some other notable job categories: Chief engineers averaged $67,842 in compensation; general sales
managers averaged about $157,000; program directors averaged about $102,000; news directors averaged
$53,434; typical promotions assistants got $28,460.
Salaries varied widely by region and market size; and in some cases the median average differs widely. For
instance, the highest-paid morning talent in the survey made $1.5 million, substantially contributing to the
average of $120,136 for that time slot. The median morning talent package, however, was only $65,000; an
equal number of people had compensation above and below that point.
The report "Radio Station Salaries: 2002" provides averages for major job categories and breaks down the
data by market size, station revenue and formats. The report can be purchased by calling (800) 368-5644.

This why you left radio Tom??? Too much money??
Kevin Arnold

Tom Snyder

I always loved these surveys when I was still in radio... nobody I knew in any markets made the kind of money the survey said. We kinda figured that everyone who got surveyed inflated their income for the survey thinking that if their bosses saw it in print, maybe it would help at raise time.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org