• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

For Those Who Left TWC For Dish. Some Questions?

Started by Jack 1000, Tuesday Apr 22, 2008, 10:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

I was wondering about the main reasons why people left TWC for Dish?  If you could pick one reason, was it because of:

1,) The lack of HD content compared to other providers.

2.) Problems with the new Navigator guide

3.) Poor TWC service and support or

4.) You just felt it was time for a change.

Try to pick 1 main reason, but if you can't. list your top two reasons.  The other thing that I am VERY interested in is, are you still with TWC for Road Runner and or Digital Phone, just ditching the cable TV part of your service?  If you didtched all three, who is your Internet provider and phone company, and do you regret having to leave the Internet and/or Digital Phone portion of TWC?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Cheesehead Dave

Question 1: Reason #1 had been an annoyance for some time, but reason #2 is what finally caused me to switch.

Question 2: I still use TWC for RoadRunner (I am unable to get any other high-speed option where I live, so it's RR or dial-up) and for digital phone. (I haven't had a single problem with my phone service, and the rate I have is good compared to anything else, so I have no compelling reason to switch.)

jkane

I left for reason 3 15 years ago and am still with Dish.

I had ADSL for a few years until Road Runner became reasonable in price.  I would still be DSL if I weren't too far to get more than 128K ADSL.  If it EVER becomes available in my area, I'll switch without hesitation for the reason number 3 again.

leprechaunshawn

As soon as possible I will be leaving TWC for reasons #1 & #3.

As far as internet, I will be keeping RR.  For the price I pay and speed I get, there doesnt seem to be a better ISP in this area.

Chinatown

1. All digital
2. Dsl is just as fast as RR, especially in concert with Mozilla Firefox.
3. Better packages
4 Best DVR, ( much better then "D" ( I also had their service for awhile)
5. Loss of signal is minimal.
6 Will soon have HD comprable to "D"

leprechaunshawn

Quote from: Chinatown;460441. All digital
2. Dsl is just as fast as RR, especially in concert with Mozilla Firefox.
3. Better packages
4 Best DVR, ( much better then "D" ( I also had their service for awhile)
5. Loss of signal is minimal.
6 Will soon have HD comprable to "D"

What service provider are you talking about?

Chinatown

Quote from: leprechaunshawn;46048What service provider are you talking about?

Its Dish Network.......................my bad

tbarney

I left for reason #1, I wanted more HD content.  And now that Dish has 3 of the 4 major local networks in HD it is even better. Dish and Directv are adding new HD content all the time. I don't see any way TWC can keep up.

I kept roadrunner, and phone service through Vonage.