News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

No Brewers in HD on U-verse

Started by Mrtanner, Tuesday Apr 15, 2008, 07:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrtanner

Tonight's (4/15) Brewers/Cardinals game is scheduled to be in HD on FSN-HD.

On my Uverse, the HD channel is in the normal "No programming scheduled at this time." mode that FSN-HD is in when there is no HD FSN broadcast (most of the time.)

I called Uverse tech support but they were useless.  Tina said no fewer than 10 times, "The game must be blacked out in your area." I tried to explain that I was watching the game in SD, so it wasn't blacked out.  I explained that FSN's website, the Brewers website, and my TWC-neighbors all show the game as being in HD.

Tina couldn't even tell me who I could contact during office hours to try to figure out if I should expect to be able to watch future games in HD.

This is unusual.  Typically the customer support for Uverse is excellent.  Does anyone know who I can contact at ATT to see if it they just need to "flip the switch" for FSN-HD on future broadcasts?

vegasvic

Wow that sucks.  Hopefully they can figure it out before the next HD game on Monday.

TPK

Quote from: Mrtanner;45839This is unusual.  Typically the customer support for Uverse is excellent.  Does anyone know who I can contact at ATT to see if it they just need to "flip the switch" for FSN-HD on future broadcasts?

I find U-verse customer service to be spotty in some areas.....  All in all, I think the customer service is okay (I give them a little more of a pass because the service is so new), but there are still some problems....

I think the problem is that their main customer support line goes to a national customer service center (not local), and therefore they have no idea what type of programming we have locally here...

Actually, it seems that the customer support knows nothing about their programming at all....

I had a problem several months ago when my Showtime West HD channel claimed that I was not subscribed to the channel (I have the U-400 package, which includes Showtime)....  At first, I figured it was a temporary glitch or something but it persisted for a couple of weeks and then finally I had some time to call their customer support line and complain....

The customer service rep checked his system and was convinced that I was not subscribed to that channel, and it wasn't part of the U400 package...  I actually had to sit on the phone with him and explain that it made absolutely no sense that I had the Showtime (east) HD channel, but not the Showtime west HD channel...  I asked him (several times) how he could figure that if I had a subscription that included Showtime, that somehow I was not entitled to the Showtime west HD channel...  He persisted and said it was not part of the package....

After about 40 minutes of this go-around he finally sent me up to a supervisor, who said he would call me back...  About an hour later he did call me back and asked me to reboot my box and the Showtime west HD channel was back...  He explained to me that they had a computer glitch that went and removed the Showtime West channel from all subscribers in our area, and they had to go back and fix the problem on a case by case basis as people called in (scratch my head)....  If that was really the case, then how is it possilbe that their first tier customer service reps could not know aobut the issue, if everyone in an area is affected???  How is it possible that they could not fix this problem globally for everyone without having to wait for each and every affected customer to call in??

When it comes to their equipment, and their abilities to get into the system and fix problems, that they can do (and they seem to know a lot)...  But when it comes to their programming and their packages, that is another story...  It doesn't surprise me in the least that the customer service reps have no idea what is supposed to be broadcast on FSN HD....

Mrtanner

I called the U-verse sales office and got someone (in Green Bay) who was helpful.  Even though he said he didn't have HD personally, he knew what I was talking about with the SD vs. HD channel tiers.

He couldn't find any database entries about the FSN-HD issues, but he went as far as checking with a co-worker he knew was a Brewer fan to see if they had tried to watch the game in HD and took the initiative to check when the next HD game was scheduled.

He couldn't give me an answer but said he'd look into the problem and call me back by Friday with an update, even if he hadn't solved the problem.  He called back on Friday as promised (got my voicemail) and left a message stating that he didn't have a good answer yet, but wanted to let me know he was still working on it.  - This is what I consider proper customer service and it's more in-line with what I've experienced from Uverse tech support in the past.

vegasvic

It's good that he has called you back but it's weird that he can't get an answer for you.  Next HD game is Monday.

hormy_83

Any update on this?  My parents just moved to Pewaukee and got Uverse and I stopped over at their house today (Sunday) and turned on the FSN HD channel and got the same message "No programming scheduled at this time."   I know the game was in HD as I was watching it in HD on TWC at my house before I went to their house.

davezen2

I just had U-Verse installed last weekend, and I watched the game in HD today... I didn't tune in 'til about the 4th inning though...

hormy_83

That is very interesting - I was over there around the 5th inning on and checked a couple times and it never came in.  I'll have to have them call customer service.  Thanks for letting me know that another Uverse user was able to get it!

hormy_83

Quote from: davezen2;47180I just had U-Verse installed last weekend, and I watched the game in HD today... I didn't tune in 'til about the 4th inning though...

Where are you located?  Anyone else get FSN in HD with Uverse?  My parents talked to a service tech that was out yesterday and he said that they don't have FSN in HD yet.  It is there in the guide but they haven't released it yet?!?!

That doesn't make sense since I see there are others here that have FSN in HD.

picopir8

I have watched several games in HD on FSN, but on a number of occasions it has also said "no programming available".  I dont keep up with the HD schedule though so I suspect that most/all the games that gave me that message were because they were not broadcasting in HD. BTW, I am in Wauwatosa.

samsung46

Has there been any recent confirmation on this subject??  I am looking into switching to Uverse from TWC and this would be a total dealbreaker!!

hormy_83

I haven't had a game recently to check to see if they can get it in HD :D  I haven't heard anything from AT&T yet either on it...

But it sounds like it is kind of hit or miss if you will get it in HD depending on your location - at least that is the way it was last year.