• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Junior member to Senior member

Started by Ron Pollitt, Tuesday Oct 29, 2002, 10:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Pollitt

Geez!  I see that I went from a Junior member to a Senior member status and was curious as to what triggered such an earth shaking event.  Surely, it wasn't my demonstrated technical knowledge of the HDTV world.  Perhaps my age and the passage of time has lofted my status to such an elevated precipice....or has the number of my posts indicted that I have asked more mundane questions to the group than a junior member has.  Do I receive some sort of award, discount, certificate, or placcard for crossing this honored threshold????  Or does this just mean you guys will take off the kid gloves now and really tell me what you think of my dumb questions?   Grin....I do enjoy the Forum and appreciate the effort that some of you have put into the website.
Ron

ReesR

Welcome aboard Ron.

I think it is high time the administrators of this board consider obtaining from a highly visible dealer a discount package off the purchase of their 3rd, 4th and 6th HDTV receiver for Senior Members.  A "5th" would be provided by way of liquid vibation.

What do ya think Ron?

Tom Snyder

In a secret meeting of the Milwaukee HDTV Administrators, Board Members of 50 major Fortune 500 companies, several members of the Trilateral Commission and 6 of the US Supreme Court Justices, we agreed that, because of your grammatical excellence, terse and pithy observations, and you meritorious service in the furtherance of HDTV locally, and thus around the world, it was almost unanimously agreed (Bill Gates abstained) that we promote you from Junior member to Senior Member. Of course the membership fees go from free to  $5,000 per year at that level, but it's a small price to pay for my new Zenith Plasma, er, I mean, such prestige and honor!

Congratulations!

Actually, this thing is just set to change your title after you've posted 15 messages.. sorry.  

[This message has been edited by Tom Snyder (edited 10-29-2002).]
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Kevin Arnold

Actually you have stumbled on to the super secret organization whose mission is to take over broadcasting in SE Wis. Like the James Bond nemisis organization SPECTER we are know as SPECTRUM. The leader is #1, and we are all numbered accordingly. I would tell who is who but of course I'd have to down-convert you then. We plot every move by every station and if they don't do as we say they are punished. Why do you think no one can receive WITI-33? Welcome # (deleted).
Kevin Arnold

ReesR

I was just thinking.  We should upgrade the home page of this site. Outsource some original music of a "Bond" nature and tie it with flash origination material similiar to those Bond movies.  Complete with all those "extras".  (Keep the dooms day clock though) Now that should elevate us from experimental to prime time.  Right?

Nothing but class for this forum.

Oh, we then should provide real time HDTV previews right here via fiber from all locals to our HQ.  (Tom, you have the disc space, right?)  hehe  (dang, now I might have to upgrade to mega speed)

Senior Level #(deleted by admin) signing off.

------------------
Rees Roberts
Racine, WI
reesr@wi.net

HDTV Receiver:  Sony KD-34XBR2 16X9
Bi-directional AntennaCraft VHF Yagi Model #2260P
+
2 Winegard PR9022 UHF yagi's pointing N & S
Antennas at about 30 feet
Samsung SIR-TS160 HD Directv receiver

MesaV

Simply put, it means we don't ignore your post anymore...  

Ron Pollitt

Note to all new members:

As you can see, some of our more senior members have too much imagination and time on their hands!

Ron (bending elbow partaking from the 5th that ReesR sent for becoming a senior member)

and

Wondering if the group will do a discussion on the coorelation effect of alcohol intake and eye resolution of HDTV viewing.