• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WISN is here

Started by P a u l, Monday Oct 28, 2002, 09:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P a u l

For those of you who want to know check my profile and look at my occupation. I will be posting here on a regular basis now to help clear up any confusion and to help us all learn a little more about what happens behind the scenes. Of course there are some things that I cant tell you, wouldn't want to give all the secrets away.

HDTV is a learning experience for both us at the station and you as the consumer. Just today I saw a post about our broadcast of A Bug's Life and noticed you all had seen no center channel. This is the kind of feedback we need right now since we just went on air a few days ago.

Gregg Lengling

Glad to have you Paul..you will notice that Sean from WTMJ is on here, Jim Hall from 58 and Mike from WMVS is also here...glad to have you here.  It would also be a good thing to have an engineering telephone number or such so us "Pioneers" can give you big crash info right away...sorta like 58's digital PSIP crash tonight....

By the way when will you people start running actual PSIP data and remapping..I would image you would remap to 12-1.

Thanks in advance.

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
HiDTV Pro 2 computer reciever card
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Kevin Arnold

WELCOME Paul! Great to have you here participating in the forum. We hope you will post many times and visit frequently. We'd love to help WISN fine tune their DTV station with feedback, both positive and negative. Don't be shy about posting any requests for feedback on whatever you need.
Kevin Arnold

kjnorman

I am glad to see PAUL is here to participate of this forum.  I think that any station that is serious about becoming a HDTV leader, needs to have representation here.  Where else would a station get the kind of first hand feedback from their viewer, so that they can tune up the broadcasts and look like HDTV pros rather than HDTV chumps.  

I know a lot of people on this forum were critical of WISN post May 1 for a lack of a digital signal, but I think that the current attitude of WISN-DT launching at "full power" and with promotion of the digital channel (see thread on the advert) I think they have every chance of becoming a HDTV leader in this city.

It is telling who are the dtv laggards.  I notice that there is no-one from WITI-DT here to explain their peanut powered transmitter and their lack of a digital signal (I do not consider a digital feed of their 480I analog feed DTV).

So welcome Paul, and I hope you can answer our many questions and tune your station to perfection.

Kerry

mcq

HI Paul.... I LOVED NYPD Blue in HDTV.... Wonderful work... Moday night football without all of the winter static, (that I get) was just as wonderful.  

If I watch a few more commericials (AmericanTV-HDTV ones) would 12 consider buying Tim C. of the JS an HiDTV Card???