• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyplace with HD-DVD's on sale in the area?

Started by Ralph Kramden, Monday Feb 25, 2008, 05:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Kramden

I was wondering if anyone came across any stores in the area that are selling HD-DVD movies marked down. Thanks.

SRW1000

People on the AVS forum are reporting that Hollywood Video is clearing out all of their HD DVD movies (previewed) @ $15, and they are also finding BYGOF deals there.

I don't have any interest in used movies, but if you do, check out the AVS forum's HD DVD software thread.  Some are saying that they're finding copies of just-released movies that haven't been viewed yet.

Scott

brewtownska

Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Ralph Kramden

SRW1000, I saw that about Hollywood Video. I'm not interested in used DVD's either. ESPECIALLY at $15.

SRW1000

Quote from: Ralph Kramden;44813SRW1000, I saw that about Hollywood Video. I'm not interested in used DVD's either. ESPECIALLY at $15.
Yeah, the used part is kind of a deal killer.  Although, some AVS guys were getting copies of Beowulf today, so they definitely weren't used.  With the coupon, the cost was down to $10, which is pretty good.

If you're not opposed to buying online, Deep Discount DVD has some of their HD DVD movies for as low as $10.  I just bought Sky Captain from them last night.

Hopefully we'll see some comparable local deals soon.

Scott