News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WITI OTA - Squishy Vision?

Started by SRW1000, Tuesday Feb 12, 2008, 06:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

Is anyone else noticing this?  The 4x3 picture on local programming is being squished into a 3x3 (guessing) area?

I don't recall seeing this problem before.

Scott

SRW1000

HD programming is fine, so this appears to be limited to SD content.

Martyus

Wow, I noticed that too, but wasn't certain of the cause.

We were watching American Idol on WITI and HD 16:9 was fine. During some commercials (I suspect the local ones, when the 16:9 and DD dropped), I noticed the video was "squished". This problem persisted into the 9:00pm news.

I have both my TV (Samsung 4669) and my Vista Media Center HTPC connected to the same OTA signal. The strange part is that the TV shows the WITI signal as 720p video in normal 16:9 - no squishing (the WITI 16:9 normally doesn't fill the entire left-right of the screen but is wider than 4:3, not sure why this is), but my Vista Media Center HTPC has the same OTA signal video "sqiuished" to what looks like 4:3.

Talos4

I really didn;t notice that but, Did anyone else notice the audio mix?

It seemed really screwed up. My Center channel was low and the rears were pretty loud.  

I switched to Fox5 New York, It seemed a little better balanced.

Cheesehead Dave

Quote from: Talos4;44531I really didn;t notice that but, Did anyone else notice the audio mix?

It seemed really screwed up. My Center channel was low and the rears were pretty loud.  

I switched to Fox5 New York, It seemed a little better balanced.
Yes, I noticed that. The background music during the vignettes were drowning out the narration coming from the center speaker.

Jimboy

A quick check on our Streamscope indicates they're running 1280 x 720 with an aspect ratio of 4:3 (hence the tall & squishy look).  ???

techboy

I have two digital sets and I only get the squished picture on one of them.  I thought my 2nd set was NG.  So, there must be some issue with the data stream meta data.   If others are having the same issue, I feel better knowing my set is OK and the problem is with WITI's gear.   Sure hope they fix it.
Retired Broadcast TV / Radio Engineer WTMJ. ( 35 Yrs )

murdoc

I noticed it too watching the news at 9:00.  A quick check of D* 6 showed it was an OTA only issue.

SRW1000

Everything is back to normal tonight, so the problem must have been fixed.

Scott