• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Answers On Demand leaving Time Warner Cable

Started by PaulKTF, Thursday Dec 27, 2007, 07:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

From Time Warner Cable's website:

QuoteOn January 30, 2008 Answers on Demand, channel 1999 and Answers on Demand en Espanol, channel 1998, will no longer be on our lineup.

Why on earth are they removing this channel? Isn't it the one that's supposed to help the customers hook things up and learn how to use the service?
-Paul

LoadStar

Quote from: PaulKTF;43410Why on earth are they removing this channel? Isn't it the one that's supposed to help the customers hook things up and learn how to use the service?

Probably because by the time you get to the point that you can see the channel - you've already got the stuff hooked up? I've never seen the point, honestly, It's like putting the installation instructions for a computer program inside the program itself.

Additionally, most if not all topics are also covered on their website, which I'd suspect that most people who have digital cable have access to in one way or another (either at work, at home, or through a public internet terminal).

There are a few other things on that channel, provided by a company called "Common Sense Media" - lots of public service type topics, and reviews of movies for "family friendliness." The majority is how-tos for Time Warner products.

Jack 1000

As of this writing, AOD is still offered on Channel 1999 and the Spanish equivalent on 1998.  They must have gotten enough requests to keep the channel on the line-up.  This will be good if they keep it to help customers when Navigator comes.  I always liked this channel.  Props to TWC for keeping it.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

LoadStar

More likely, the removal of the channel is linked with the rollout of Navigator. I fully expect it will be going away, it just hasn't done so yet, probably because the Navigator rollout is taking longer than they hoped.

I would not hold your breath for any new content to be added to the channel.

Jack 1000

It's gone  now,

Channel 1 still shows the videos on it from the AOD Channel.  They might do Navigator tutorial videos on that channel, but we will not know until after the rollout.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide