News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Wmlw 41-1

Started by Jimboy, Friday Nov 30, 2007, 09:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

Quote from: Jimboy;42905Somewhat related to WMLW-LD, the low power 63-1 was turned on some time today. My receiver locked to it and now has the channel in memory but currently a no signal status. 63-1 is broadcast on OTA channel 17.

Jimboy...

Right next door to your analog ch. 18.  I haven't been able to get WYTU-LD. Not sure if its because the receiver is getting confused with analog 18 or not.  Not too worried about it anyways since I can't understand spanish.  Besides after February 2009 it may come in once ch. 18 analog goes off the air for good. Shouldn't be a problem in case you move DTV 61 to 18.

Speaking of which, I was talking to a engineer from ch. 7 in Omaha, Neb at the WTFDA Convention that he intends to convert the analog transmitter to digital. IS that something you might do with ch. 18's analog transmitter, or would it be too old?

Cause I know WVTV-18 has been at that tower since 1980...so thats 27 years ago. I'm sure since then you have replaced the transmitter. Actually its my understanding you have 2 analog transmitters, but one is a backup and has limited features like no stereo signal.  heh! (Usually noted Tuesday early mornings)

-John L.

Jimboy

Quote from: John L;43188Jimboy...

Right next door to your analog ch. 18.  I haven't been able to get WYTU-LD. Not sure if its because the receiver is getting confused with analog 18 or not.  Not too worried about it anyways since I can't understand spanish.  Besides after February 2009 it may come in once ch. 18 analog goes off the air for good. Shouldn't be a problem in case you move DTV 61 to 18.

Speaking of which, I was talking to a engineer from ch. 7 in Omaha, Neb at the WTFDA Convention that he intends to convert the analog transmitter to digital. IS that something you might do with ch. 18's analog transmitter, or would it be too old?

Cause I know WVTV-18 has been at that tower since 1980...so thats 27 years ago. I'm sure since then you have replaced the transmitter. Actually its my understanding you have 2 analog transmitters, but one is a backup and has limited features like no stereo signal.  heh! (Usually noted Tuesday early mornings)

-John L.

Channel 61 "is" moving to channel 18. Channel 61 is outside the core digital spectrum.

Old RCA & GE analog transmitters don't make good digital transmitters. We are still using them for analog service however. The GE (currently a backup) has been used since 1968!

John L

Quote from: Jimboy;43192Channel 61 "is" moving to channel 18. Channel 61 is outside the core digital spectrum.

Old RCA & GE analog transmitters don't make good digital transmitters. We are still using them for analog service however. The GE (currently a backup) has been used since 1968!

Besides being on the old tower, I assume that tower which has been up since 1980, will be taken down and dismantled in summer of 2009 since the new digital tower is right near it.

-John L.

Jimboy

Quote from: John L;43225Besides being on the old tower, I assume that tower which has been up since 1980, will be taken down and dismantled in summer of 2009 since the new digital tower is right near it.

-John L.

I doubt it. It could make an excellent DTV back-up site for us and MPTV (who still has their old analog stuff on it). The channel 24 tower on Holton on the other hand.........