• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Sound levels change between channels?

Started by PaulKTF, Tuesday Jan 01, 2008, 11:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

On one of our TVs which has a digital cable box hooked up to it; the volume will change from channel to channel. One channel will be soft, another will be much louder. This never happened when we had analog cable hooked up to the very same TV, so I'm thinking it has something to do with Time Warner's delivery system. Anyone else experience this?
-Paul

kevbeck122

One of the boxes I had in the past had a big difference in volume between analog and digital channels.  Analog channels were really soft and digitals were pretty loud.  The only thing I've noticed on the boxes I have now is that channel 101 - Current is very loud compared to the other channels.

Jack 1000

Paul,

Is there a pattern where the digital stations are much louder or softer than the analog stations?  A small amount of fluctuation is normal.  Is it really bad on one particular channel or a group of channels?  For months if not years, we had a channel that was really low compared to the others, called about it, and TWC fixed it on their end.  If you have a TV with a surround sound system or external sound system, check the audio settings on your box, external audio system if applicable, and TV and verify that they match.  Some TV's also have an audio balancing function that can be activated, so you might want to try that.

If all of the digital stations are considerably lower than the others, you should schedule a service call to test the box's signal strength on the digital tier.  (It could be an issue on the drop-pole, or the box audio fading out on those channels.)  How long have you had this issue?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

greenskingIV

I live in Kenosha & have TW. The last couple of days about every minute or 2 the sound sort of hicups real quickly. It is on every channel. Has anyone else had anything like this?

jeffski

:bang: Obnoxiously loud channels here are cbs 5 and 505 and the weather channel. Way too low is fox 6 and  506 . Why is this?

Mikey

On a related note, anyone else notice how freakin loud TWC's own commercials are?  

I seriously have to immediately turn them down when they come on...they are the only thing I've seen (heard) that run that loudly.

I got TWC HD-DVR service.