• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

D* Reported To Be Raising Rates 3/1

Started by mhz40, Thursday Jan 17, 2008, 05:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLJSlick

Ah come on guys, if this was about Time Warner, you guys would be all over this story! :D
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

syrett4

Quote from: RLJSlick;43914Ah come on guys, if this was about Time Warner, you guys would be all over this story! :D

No, DTV can actually justify it by being on the cutting edge of almost every channel out there and delivering over 85 HD channels.

It would be kind of like a rich person complaining about the price of gas.

gparris

Agreed, if you offer more content, like more HD channels from an actual increase, then it's justified.
I have a comparison matrix for my clients setup and even with 4 boxes (2 HD DVRs), DirectvHD with the increase still saved them over $400/year alone and that included an increase in their Dig. Phone and Internet increases (due to a lack of cableTV service) they kept from TWC!
:D

Talos4

QuoteAh come on guys, if this was about Time Warner, you guys would be all over this story!

I get the comment but, If you cruise through some of the other boards it is amazing that there are some out there genuinely upset about the increase.

Some people just don't get it.  :huh?:

murdoc

After reading that article I'm confused.  The article states:
QuoteFor new satellite subscribers, DirecTV's Total Choice package will increase $3 per month – from $41.99 to $44.99 – and the Total Choice Plus package will increase $4, from $45.99 to $49.99, according to published reports.
I have the Total Choice Plus package and am currently paying $51.99.  I'm curious what everyone else is paying for this package.

Bluto

Quote from: murdoc;43933After reading that article I'm confused.  The article states:   I have the Total Choice Plus package and am currently paying $51.99.  I'm curious what everyone else is paying for this package.

$51.99 here too.

Bebop

Still have my Total Choice with no locals for $45.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun