• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Could Journal Broadcast Group be studying a move to the 5th Ward?

Started by tvboy, Thursday Jan 03, 2008, 04:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvboy

After 67 years of being on Capitol Drive this might be a change worth studying and exploring.   No plans have been made yet but  the 5th Ward would be a great and central location to consider for a new 21st century broadcast center for Journal Broadcast Group.  One site worth exploring is the 400 block of South Water Street between Florida and Bruce Streets.  The properties are for sale and listed by two different groups.  The first property is 412 S. Water and is currently owned by Hansen Storage.  They are the same company that sold all of the warehouses in the 3rd Ward on the river for the Erie Street Condos.  The property has 600 feet of river frontage on the Milwaukee River and currently has a warehouse used for boat storage.  The other property is directly across the street at 435 S. Water Street.  That is a 2.6 acre vacant lot listed for sale by CB Richard Ellis.

We will have to see if Journal Broadcast Group will look at being in a more central location to the region by being in the 5th Ward or stay on Capitol Drive.

LoadStar

What happened to the last thread on this topic? :confused:

ETA: I'll ask the same question again that I asked in the last thread: to clarify, you have no inside information that Journal is or would ever be interested in such a move, correct? This is just your idea of what they should do?

tvboy

I have no inside information at all on this topic.  The only thing i'm saying  is that they look at this prime piece of real estate in the 5th Ward for future use.